Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• Do you think this level of detail is possible for the US M1 helmets? Of course it would have to be stylized a bit (larger mesh).

That would look so freakin good…

For the Soviet Union it would be nice to have some winter Siberians as infantry #2 on the Pacific front, mind you in a much lesser ratio than the European front units (OOB and current 1940 setup calls for 18 total, which get chipped anyway). Might be worth considering since the Siberian troops came back to save Moscow from imminent doom, they deserve their credit =P As for their weapons I noticed in a documentary that some are using M1928A1 Thompson’s and others some kind of rifle (Tokarev M1940?)

For the UK are you thinking Europe + Jungle type units as the split?

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@inverted:

Do you think this level of detail is possible for the US M1 helmets? Of course it would have to be stylized a bit (larger mesh).

That would look so freakin good…

For the Soviet Union it would be nice to have some winter Siberians as infantry #2 on the Pacific front, mind you in a much lesser ratio than the European front units (OOB and current 1940 setup calls for 18 total, which get chipped anyway). Might be worth considering since the Siberian troops came back to save Moscow from imminent doom, they deserve their credit =P As for their weapons I noticed in a documentary that some are using M1928A1 Thompson’s and others some kind of rifle (Tokarev M1940?)

For the UK are you thinking Europe + Jungle type units as the split?

I think FMG is doing a great job on the scuplts!

• Customizer

I have seen the mesh on plastic soldiers’ helmets before, but not on as small a scale as A&A infantry pieces.  The ones I saw were on 1/35 scale or bigger.  Also, it’s usually cut into the helmet instead of sitting on the outside of the helmet.  Then again, those soldiers were usually intended as toys rather than game pieces.

I think Italy is usually regarded as Southern Europe.  Some countries that would be regarded as Eastern Europe would be Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland and perhaps the Baltic States.  I imagine Byelarus, Moldavia and Ukraine could also be considered Eastern Europe too.

• @knp7765:

Is that a Deutshland class pocket battleship for the heavy cruiser piece?  Extremely cool.

Yes, Admiral Graf Spee!

@knp7765:

It looks as though you stuck with the Graf Zepplin for the carrier and Bismarck for the battleship.  That’s good.

That’s better than good!

@knp7765:

These look a lot nicer and more detailed than WOTC ships.  I was originally planning on getting the black Germans to supplement my current pieces, but now I am leaning toward getting the grey and simply replacing my WOTC pieces.  The FMG pieces will have so much more detail.

Good to see some of you coming around already!

@FieldMarshalGames:

The FIRST Germany Units will be Grey

Making all the right moves FMG!!!

• Customizer

@WOPR:

@knp7765:

Is that a Deutshland class pocket battleship for the heavy cruiser piece?  Extremely cool.

Yes, Admiral Graf Spee!.

It could be the Deutschland (later renamed Lutzow) or the Admiral Scheer.

@knp7765:

It looks as though you stuck with the Graf Zepplin for the carrier and Bismarck for the battleship.  That’s good.

That’s better than good!.

There was talk of not using the Bismarck since WOTC did and possibly using the Scharnhorst Battlecruiser.  The Scharnhorst is a good ship, but I still like the Bismarck.  Although, if FMG wanted to be different, they could say it is the Tirpitz.

@knp7765:

These look a lot nicer and more detailed than WOTC ships.  I was originally planning on getting the black Germans to supplement my current pieces, but now I am leaning towa.

rd getting the grey and simply replacing my WOTC pieces.  The FMG pieces will have so much more detail.

Good to see some of you coming around already!.

Yes, I guess you got me on that one.  I did originally want to use the FMG and WOTC pieces together, which is why I wanted black in the first place.  Then when I saw FMG is using the Bismarck and how nice it will look, I realized WOTC Bismarck will look sick next to it.  Also, I am so impressed by the FMG Italian pieces, I don’t know if I will ever use the WOTC (German) Italian pieces again.

@FieldMarshalGames:

The FIRST Germany Units will be Grey

Making all the right moves FMG!!!.

To be totally honest, I do kind of prefer grey for the German pieces anyway.

• '10

It is Graf Spee

• @Sime:

@cminke:

cough ITALYcough

:?  Italy isn’t in Eastern Europe

Hey… i’m living in Rome, where they are? :-D

• '10

@Stefano1189:

@Sime:

@cminke:

cough ITALYcough

Sculptor is NOT in Italy.  Italy is NOT in Eastern Europe.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

@Stefano1189:

@Sime:

@cminke:

cough ITALYcough

I thought it’s a joke. ;-)

Sculptor is NOT in Italy.  Italy is NOT in Eastern Europe.

• Ukraine?

• c’mon man not even a wisper about whats going on??? wahhhhhhh!!! :cry:

• Probably has better things to do over the HOLIDAYS.

• Shipping tomorrow?

• '10

Italy mould will be finished on JAN 5th!!!

They will be shipping this month!

• @FieldMarshalGames:

Italy mould will be finished on JAN 5th!!!

They will be shipping this month!

Hurrah!

• EXCELLENT!!! (Mr.Burns from Simpson’s) I just placed my order, not as big as i had dreamed but the first of many no doubt. I love the new sculpts for the Germans! FMG you guys are doing great so far, KEEP IT UP!!!
    Thoes426 :evil:

• Alright, WooHoo!

• '10

Today is D-Day for the Italians.  The Mould is finished.  The first few sets are being sent to me this week for FINAL APPROVAL.

I hope to have REAL pictures of the units in ACTUAL PLASTIC in CORRECT COLOR very soon.

SO……CLOSE…

(PS: Sculptor working on USA now)

• WHAT!!!
    THAT MEANS GERMANY IS DONE!?!?!?!? WHAT!! WHEN DO WE GET TO SE PICS !?!?!?!?!?
    IF WE PLACE A PRE ORDER NOW DO WE STILL GET THE COMBAT DICE?
    when do we have till

• '10

Yes, Germany sculpts are done.  The ball is rolling now.

You can only use the AAA.org link to get the FREE DICE if you pre-order BEFORE they are released.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m