Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• Customizer

One more question.  Will you be taking orders for Germany when the mould is at the foundry?

• @knp7765:

So your complaint is having to pay this flat rate for each nation when they come out, is that it?  It seems to me that it would be up to you to simply wait until all are available so you could order them all at once and only pay one shipping charge.

My complaint is that I want this project to survive, and the current business practice is not optimal. Any “slight chance” of project failure is and always will be 100% attributed to lack of funds! Yes, I could “simply wait until all are available” and “pay one shipping charge”, but what help is that to the manufacturer?

I think this poster is most fitting:

• Customizer

Then you will just have to suck it up and pay shipping for each nation as they become available like the rest of us.  I don’t think anybody LIKES to pay to ship each nation individually, but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.  Besides, even if it is a little more costly, don’t you really like the idea of getting your pieces a little quicker, even one nation at a time?

• '10

@knp7765:

@FieldMarshalGames:

FACTORY UPDATE:  The Italian Mould will be complete on JAN 5th 2011.

We were ready to go back in OCT 2010, but we had to wait in a Que at the Foundry (Place where they make Metal Moulds) because we are a small company and they had bigger orders/customers.

Injections will begin after that and REAL product will start to be produced.

By then the German Mould will already be going to the Foundry for production and the Sculptor will be working on USA.

It was slow off the ground but they are picking up pace!

Jeremy

Once the injections start, the sets will come out pretty fast, right?  The longest part is actually getting the moulds made.  Once that is done and they start actually injecting the plastic, it goes pretty fast, right?
    When they do get some sets made, they will ship to FMG and you will ship to all the customers, right?
    So, between now and Jan. 5, we should see the rest of the German sculpts and then after Jan. 5 we could start seeing some American sculpts?  Man, that will be cool.  I’m already anxious to see them.
    Is the Sculptor in China with the factory?

Once injections start we will get the factory to AIR SHIP all the Pre-orders to us.  The remainder will be shipped via Ocean Container with the Combat Dice etc…  So those who paid for Pre-order to support this project will get the product before it ever goes to IN STOCK status on our site.

The Sculptor is in Eastern Europe… that is all I can say.

• Any manufacturer needs cash in advance in order to cover development and production costs, which is usually obtained through investors. I’m no financial expert but let’s go with some common sense: The pre-order “discount” I suggested (NOT demanded) would represent a fixed interest amount typical in an investment such as a bond. There is a reason such conventions exist, it’s called mutual benefit, and by the sounds of it this project needs all the funding it can get.

@CWO:

If I understand your posts correctly, the alternative model you’re proposing assumes that once all the sets are finished, FMG will offer an alternate option to purchase all the sets as a single package at a discounted price.  Where does that assumption come from?

As far as pricing for individual countries vs the complete collection goes, the only logical way to do this is to price the individual sets at a premium. That’s the standard in retail. Who in their right mind would pay more for the complete set unless it was a “deluxe version” which would include something the individual packages did not?

Yes, FMG can stick to its guns and it’ll be business as usual… and everything could work out just fine and all of the nerds in the land will rejoice! That’s assuming the hype lasts and that each successive pre-order will match the last; a risky endeavour, and a needless stress.

As far as customer service goes I think that’s the least of anyone’s concern.

My intents are purely for the better of the project. If anyone here believes it is greedy or selfish to want success so that I can eventually own an entire set then so be it. If I didn’t care I would just wait until it’s done and not waste my time posting here, in the Project Discussion thread.

This is the Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread, right?

• '10

@cminke:

cough ITALYcough

:?  Italy isn’t in Eastern Europe

• Do you think this level of detail is possible for the US M1 helmets? Of course it would have to be stylized a bit (larger mesh).

That would look so freakin good…

For the Soviet Union it would be nice to have some winter Siberians as infantry #2 on the Pacific front, mind you in a much lesser ratio than the European front units (OOB and current 1940 setup calls for 18 total, which get chipped anyway). Might be worth considering since the Siberian troops came back to save Moscow from imminent doom, they deserve their credit =P As for their weapons I noticed in a documentary that some are using M1928A1 Thompson’s and others some kind of rifle (Tokarev M1940?)

For the UK are you thinking Europe + Jungle type units as the split?

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@inverted:

Do you think this level of detail is possible for the US M1 helmets? Of course it would have to be stylized a bit (larger mesh).

That would look so freakin good…

For the Soviet Union it would be nice to have some winter Siberians as infantry #2 on the Pacific front, mind you in a much lesser ratio than the European front units (OOB and current 1940 setup calls for 18 total, which get chipped anyway). Might be worth considering since the Siberian troops came back to save Moscow from imminent doom, they deserve their credit =P As for their weapons I noticed in a documentary that some are using M1928A1 Thompson’s and others some kind of rifle (Tokarev M1940?)

For the UK are you thinking Europe + Jungle type units as the split?

I think FMG is doing a great job on the scuplts!

• Customizer

I have seen the mesh on plastic soldiers’ helmets before, but not on as small a scale as A&A infantry pieces.  The ones I saw were on 1/35 scale or bigger.  Also, it’s usually cut into the helmet instead of sitting on the outside of the helmet.  Then again, those soldiers were usually intended as toys rather than game pieces.

I think Italy is usually regarded as Southern Europe.  Some countries that would be regarded as Eastern Europe would be Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland and perhaps the Baltic States.  I imagine Byelarus, Moldavia and Ukraine could also be considered Eastern Europe too.

• @knp7765:

Is that a Deutshland class pocket battleship for the heavy cruiser piece?  Extremely cool.

Yes, Admiral Graf Spee!

@knp7765:

It looks as though you stuck with the Graf Zepplin for the carrier and Bismarck for the battleship.  That’s good.

That’s better than good!

@knp7765:

These look a lot nicer and more detailed than WOTC ships.  I was originally planning on getting the black Germans to supplement my current pieces, but now I am leaning toward getting the grey and simply replacing my WOTC pieces.  The FMG pieces will have so much more detail.

Good to see some of you coming around already!

@FieldMarshalGames:

The FIRST Germany Units will be Grey

Making all the right moves FMG!!!

• Customizer

@WOPR:

@knp7765:

Is that a Deutshland class pocket battleship for the heavy cruiser piece?  Extremely cool.

Yes, Admiral Graf Spee!.

It could be the Deutschland (later renamed Lutzow) or the Admiral Scheer.

@knp7765:

It looks as though you stuck with the Graf Zepplin for the carrier and Bismarck for the battleship.  That’s good.

That’s better than good!.

There was talk of not using the Bismarck since WOTC did and possibly using the Scharnhorst Battlecruiser.  The Scharnhorst is a good ship, but I still like the Bismarck.  Although, if FMG wanted to be different, they could say it is the Tirpitz.

@knp7765:

These look a lot nicer and more detailed than WOTC ships.  I was originally planning on getting the black Germans to supplement my current pieces, but now I am leaning towa.

rd getting the grey and simply replacing my WOTC pieces.  The FMG pieces will have so much more detail.

Good to see some of you coming around already!.

Yes, I guess you got me on that one.  I did originally want to use the FMG and WOTC pieces together, which is why I wanted black in the first place.  Then when I saw FMG is using the Bismarck and how nice it will look, I realized WOTC Bismarck will look sick next to it.  Also, I am so impressed by the FMG Italian pieces, I don’t know if I will ever use the WOTC (German) Italian pieces again.

@FieldMarshalGames:

The FIRST Germany Units will be Grey

Making all the right moves FMG!!!.

To be totally honest, I do kind of prefer grey for the German pieces anyway.

• '10

It is Graf Spee

• @Sime:

@cminke:

cough ITALYcough

Hey… i’m living in Rome, where they are? :-D

• '10

@Stefano1189:

@Sime:

@cminke:

cough ITALYcough

Sculptor is NOT in Italy.  Italy is NOT in Eastern Europe.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

@Stefano1189:

@Sime:

@cminke:

cough ITALYcough

I thought it’s a joke. ;-)

Sculptor is NOT in Italy.  Italy is NOT in Eastern Europe.

• Ukraine?

• c’mon man not even a wisper about whats going on??? wahhhhhhh!!! :cry:

• Probably has better things to do over the HOLIDAYS.

• Shipping tomorrow?

• '10

Italy mould will be finished on JAN 5th!!!

They will be shipping this month!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m