• hey guys i was woundering who much you would pay for each nation!

• If the price is $10 per nation, I should be able to buy them all, or a set if several nations are involved.  At $15 per nation, I may just have to skip one or two.  At $20 per nation, I would probably only buy three to five nations, and I would be very disappointed I would have to pass on the rest.  After $20, I just couldn’t do it at all.

• If you think about it 8 nations times $10 equals $80. That is as much as you should have to pay. You could buy two AA42 games for that. The plastic needed for the pieces is pennies. So every sale will pay a good portion of the mold costs. If the price is too high, then people simply won’t buy them. If they are affordable, then people will buy multiple sets.

• '10

@dinosaur:

If the price is $10 per nation, I should be able to buy them all, or a set if several nations are involved.  At $15 per nation, I may just have to skip one or two.  At $20 per nation, I would probably only buy three to five nations, and I would be very disappointed I would have to pass on the rest.  After $20, I just couldn’t do it at all.

I agree. After $20, that is just past my budget.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

I think $14-$16 would be about right. Maybe even up to $18 -$20. BUT, at that price there would have to be a discount for buying the complete set. I believe they do this already with their dice sets.

• '10

@Variable:

I think $14-$16 would be about right. Maybe even up to $18 -$20. BUT, at that price there would have to be a discount for buying the complete set. I believe they do this already with their dice sets.

I GUESSTIMATE (no teeth behind this one) that each nation will be ~$29.99

I can not be held to this in future as this is a GUESS.

• I’m afraid $30 is going to be a little high, unless you include a lot of pieces. For $30 you should get 500 pieces.

• '10

I’m afraid $30 is going to be a little high, unless you include a lot of pieces. For $30 you should get 500 pieces.

i’m going to have to agree with Brain Damaged.  i’m going to have to do some picking and choosing seeing though it will be about $300 for the whole set. that’s a lot of money to upgrade pieces and add a few new ones

• @Brain:

I’m afraid $30 is going to be a little high, unless you include a lot of pieces. For $30 you should get 500 pieces.

If you went with Table Tactics new pieces you only get 48 of them for $12 (and only tanks and “infantry” units) … I’d say $30 for 178 (much better) pieces would be pretty reasonable in comparison.

• Bear in mind the quality of these pieces is very high, people.

I’m fine with $30 per nation.

• @MrBlack103:

Bear in mind the quality of these pieces is very high, people.

Well maybe you are, but I doubt many people will want to pay that much. It’s only plastic. FMG doesn’t have to try to recover the mold costs in such few sales. Instead they should make them more affordable and recover the cost over the long haul and ensure a continuing interest in their product.

• Well, maybe there should be a 1-month “introductory price” for ~$30-40, after which the price drops to ~$20, and everyone who orders at the “introductory price” will be helping to pave the way for the next set(s), and then when the sets are finally finished, the folk who paid the “introductory price” can get the last set or 2 for free.

Another thought would be, that since several people want to help get this project moving right along, so maybe you could price individual sets for ~$19.99, but go ahead and let people order “complete sets” but paying money up front (like ~$50 for the first 3 country sets or ~$100 for the “complete” 6-country set.  Then when the sets are released, then just ship them right out to the folks who already paid for them.

Just a couple of thooughts.

• @Brain:

@MrBlack103:

Well maybe you are, but I doubt many people will want to pay that much. It’s only plastic. FMG doesn’t have to try to recover the mold costs in such few sales. Instead they should make them more affordable and recover the cost over the long haul and ensure a continuing interest in their product.

While that would be ideal, without recovering costs of the initial set (Italy) there would be no funds to continue with the next set, and so on.  Each set will fund the next.  FMG is not a big company with tons of money to throw out up front in the hopes of eventually recovering it.

• '10

@Rorschach:

@Brain:

@MrBlack103:

While that would be ideal, without recovering costs of the initial set (Italy) there would be no funds to continue with the next set, and so on.  Each set will fund the next.  FMG is not a big company with tons of money to throw out up front in the hopes of eventually recovering it.

This is SPOT ON.  We need to continue the funding of the project. If it takes us a YEAR to recover costs on ITALY than GERMANY will be delayed that long.  We need these to be released in quick succession one after the other.

You may say “30 bucks is a little to much”…  but its not your company / Job / House on the line investing in this product.

• i will pay what it takes. just make these units. if money is a problem, just sell your house, car etc… problem solved.

• '10

@anderb:

i will pay what it takes. just make these units. if money is a problem, just sell your house, car etc… problem solved.

Very funny!

• I’m very much interested in new pieces. I recently purchased Pac 40 9just last month) and was very dismayed with lack of Japanese Bombers, paper IPC’s, dice, and the battle board, and paper tokens didn’t help either. I have recently found FMG’s website and am very excited about any possibility of newly molded pieces. Any more info on release date, or pre-order info? Are these new pieces still coming? when can we expect to get an update? I have Europe 40 on pre-order through FMG’s as well as a wooded Dice Tower and combat dice set. Will the new team dice (Anzac, and French) be released soon, or with Europe 40 in late August? Any news update would be much appreciated. Thank you FMG for making this possible (crosses finger). WOTC surely need to pass the reins to FMG.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

You may say “30 bucks is a little to much”…  but its not your company / Job / House on the line investing in this product.

I understand where you are coming from, it’s your business to run as you please, but you may be pricing yourself out of the market, sure there are people that will pay $30, but there are probably a lot of sales that are going to be lost from people who are unwilling to pay that price, but who would pay a lower price. The cost of the plastic is pennies so any sale is going to help recover the mold cost.

Also imagine if I wanted to create a game to sell and I wanted to use FMG pieces. By the time I bought all 8 nations and the accesory pieces I would have to sell that game for over $300. I don’t think I would find many takers.

• '10

@Brain:

@FieldMarshalGames:

I understand where you are coming from, it’s your business to run as you please, but you may be pricing yourself out of the market, sure there are people that will pay $30, but there are probably a lot of sales that are going to be lost from people who are unwilling to pay that price, but who would pay a lower price. The cost of the plastic is pennies so any sale is going to help recover the mold cost.

Also imagine if I wanted to create a game to sell and I wanted to use FMG pieces. By the time I bought all 8 nations and the accesory pieces I would have to sell that game for over $300. I don’t think I would find many takers.

I fully understand your point.  We will be able to DRASTICALLY lower the price once all the Nations are complete AND all production costs have been met.  Until that time we will have to price in such a way that keeps the project moving forward.

Interest in this project HERE and Elsewhere has been overwhelming so I am fairly confident they will sell.

• From the proceeding post, I take it that the project is a ways from completion, even for one nation?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m