• TripleA '12

Hi IL. For what it’s worth, I already put my review for this new AA42 game on the British equivalent website, Amazon.co.uk, back in November.

• @Imperious:

and Barnes and Noble
    http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Toys-games/Axis-Allies-1942-NEW-Ed/e/653569416005/?itm=1&USRI=axis+%26+allies+1942

Thanks for the link, got this one down too.

• I’m not posting a review of 42 because I love Axis and Allies. I don’t want to bring up my complaints with the new map so it’s probably better if I say nothing.

• Just review the good things, but mention you would prefer a larger map. But for 25 bucks what do you expect?

• Done at Amazon (I bought my second copy from them).

• @Imperious:

Just review the good things, but mention you would prefer a larger map. But for 25 bucks what do you expect?

A larger map. The board doesn’t even have to be larger, just the map.

• But you can get a bigger map from this site. I understand the other versions have a larger board but even then I remember wanting a bigger map for those versions as well and then making one.

• Not sure how the reviews are working, but didn’t Larry come out with AA40Pacific and is now coming out with AAEurope that is suppose to connect with AA40 which is suppose to be the ultimate AA of all time. I was considering buying AA42, but I already have the revised AA and World at War (The Expasion). AA42 at the looks of the map anyways seems not to much different than AArevised. But the map I have seen of AA40Pacific, Wow. If that connects with the upcoming AAEurope I definitely will wait for that.

How different are the rules for AA42 and AA revised?

I have been on the hunt for a long time for the most realistic play with the most awesome map. Advanced World War 2 seems to be the best right now, however with only the pieces of the combined AArevised and World At War, I may just try playing World At War (Expansion) on it.

IL see resonse to post of Axis Variants.

• Eddie you gotta buy AAP40 and latter the AAE40. these are must buy.

If you need lots of pieces right now get AA42 because it is cheap. Buy a used copy on ebay for like $10 bucks  the pieces are better than before.

• Done - review on Target.com!

It is free to sign up and one of the more common retailers in the US (along with Wal-Mart and Kmart)

• good job!

• IL-I put one up on amazon for ya…where i bought 2 copies of the game from.

• ok good. Hopefully these reviews will generate new sales and keep the contract with major outlets going to further sales.

• The thing I hate is all the negative publicity and complaints about Axis & Allies….

For example 1942 - OMG it doesn’t come with paper IPC’s!!! (Never mind that it comes with the best A&A Pieces ever, hundreds of them, and oh yeah… it is $20. For example, Monopoly is 14.99… 1 board, like 40 pieces, and money.)

Or Pacific - OMG it doesn’t come with enough Tac Bombers, the battlestrip is wrong blah blah (CALL Wotc, FREE Tac Bombers and Battlestrip… duh!)

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@reloader-1:

The thing I hate is all the negative publicity and complaints about Axis & Allies….

For example 1942 - OMG it doesn’t come with paper IPC’s!!! (Never mind that it comes with the best A&A Pieces ever, hundreds of them, and oh yeah… it is $20. For example, Monopoly is 14.99… 1 board, like 40 pieces, and money.)

Or Pacific - OMG it doesn’t come with enough Tac Bombers, the battlestrip is wrong blah blah (CALL Wotc, FREE Tac Bombers and Battlestrip… duh!)

I agree about 1942. But, don’t forget, a lot of people here had to do a lot of work to convince WOTC that they owed us fixes for the $60 P40 game. Hundreds of complaints is what SOLVED that problem.

• Gotcha - but stop complaining NOW

• @reloader-1:

The thing I hate is all the negative publicity and complaints about Axis & Allies….

They’ll ship you tac bombers for free?

• @reloader-1:

Finnman - I mentioned that (see bold above)

• that was a question forgot my question mark

• Finnman,

If you bought A&A Pacific 1940 and contact Wizards of the Coast, they will send you 6 free Japanese tactical bombers and a new battlestrip

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m