Should I as the axis kill Britain, America, or Russia first?

• I need help I’m playing as the axis in a spring 42 ame.

• Unless your opponent has given you a gift, I would 99% of the time say Russia because taking UK or US against good opponents has a less chance of success…besides, when the Axis are making 95 plus IPCs a turn, the Allies will have a hard time rallying.

• You said hard.  :-D

• going by the original game, Russia is the Target, they are on the landmass with germany, Great Britain is not a major threat early on and the US is more geared towards the Pacific, meanwhile, taking out Russia allows Germany to concentrate on Great Britain and Japan on the US, as the Axis player my objective is to remove the Allies from the main continent, while as the Allies, my objective is to pound Germany with everything (Russia on the eastern front, and GB and US kicking Germany out of Africa and Japan out of Asia) while using the US’s naval forces and air forces to deal with Japan along with GB’s air forces.

• Russia. My strategy is to pretty much buy as many tanks as I can in Germany. Load some infantry into Eastern Europe, and take Karelia on my first turn. If they take it back I boot them out with the 8 tanks from Germany and then I can smash into West Russia, forcing them to either lose Russia or Caucasus. Either one loses, because after I take one I can always continue with my tank chain from Germany through Eastern Europe to Karelia to West Russia, and then I can hit Russia with 15-22 tanks. I seriously doubt Russia can build up enough defenses to stand up to 15-22 tanks. Just in case I have really bad luck with the attack, I pretty much go undefended transport hunting with my subs, and with Japan, you can usually end up blitzing a tank through the entire eastern Russia without much defense.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

LOL USA…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m