• I feel very strongly that the success of our games would be directly related to how well the general public feels about buying the signature AA42. For many coming into the genre of these games AA42 is the entry point game that many will buy and only latter buy AAP40 and AAE40. At Amazon and Barns and Noble, they represent a substantial contract with WOTC you would derive the greatest sales potentially. For that reason i expect and encourage all ( in fact everyone on these boards!) to provide a cogent and useful review to help facilitate sales of the AA42.

I ask this as a crusade of sorts and if they get hundreds of positive reviews, people will take heed and buy this product. The goal? The goal is to get WOTC to have the money to reinvest to new AA products and ones of substantial quality. So in this way we are ‘paying it forward’ to get what we all want…. better quality!

The bottom line is just make a positive review, and the rest will take care of itself.

Unfortunately, you will have to register in order to post a review. Please do it represents the only practical effort to get WOTC to see the viability of the AA franchise, which would allow for them to give some better resources to these games and make them with better quality, rather than provide a barebones effort.

Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/Avalon-Hill-2-5066E8-Axis-Allies/product-reviews/B0026J3PO6/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

and Barnes and Noble
    http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Toys-games/Axis-Allies-1942-NEW-Ed/e/653569416005/?itm=1&USRI=axis+%26+allies+1942

please sound off when you have made your review and post here.

THIS IS IMPORTANT.

• W T F ?
    Someone has hacked IL’s account on this board ? Because I can’t understand the connection between these two statements :

Your assuming they are not chimps? Since they are chimps how can they be upset? They certainly are not upset about not lifting a finger to market their AA products. Certainly not upset about the rubbish manner they conduct business. These are the things they should be worried about.
    I will send them more bananas to placate them. Chimps go wild over such things.

and

The goal is to get WOTC to have the money to reinvest to new AA products and ones of substantial quality.

Finally got mercy with the chimps ?  ( please add irony tags where you see them fit )

• I can differentiate between chimps and a decent game. AA is a wonderful game, but yes a few chimps spoil things with their incompetence. I am quite sure that you don’t like WOTC either , but buy these games because they are great?  Thats why you should voice your review to impact the games sales.

However, i view the situation as WOTC putting all the second stringers on the AA projects and saving the good humans  ( aka ‘the starters’) to work on the fantasy games.

In this manner they keep all their people employed including the ones that got their jobs because they ‘knew somebody’ but had no counting or typing skills nor had any inclination to understand how a spell check works. However, if the situation became that AA was making more money, then WOTC would have to listen to these sales figures and allocate a better group of humans to work on future games. AS it is now it is pretty obvious that the various quality issues are because WOTC have allocated the bottm dregs to work on it

If you make a good review, Chimps would be replaced because WOTC follows the money. And we all know that right?

If you ever downloaded a map or any file from me, please consider my request as your repayment for using whatever you got out of that. Consider it a personal favor

OK?

• '10

done

• Thanks. Please all of you do this. I never ask for anything here but this is my first time in 5 years. Lets try this thing just this one time and see if it can make a difference. The new game is coming out and we want to make sure the viability of these products is warranted. With any luck the next game will put enough resources to make sure it does not contain another gaff.

Please do it for the love of the game.

• Posted a review! GO A&A!

• I just wrote my review  Now there are 3 reviews

• I take that back , someone one was posting at the same time i did    now there are 4 reviews

• Thanks!  I really think this is a good idea. At least it is a positive thing we can do for our game, by giving a huge body of potential wall mart customers a buying decision they can be happy about. And that can translate in future contracts for AA games at large scale stores, which really effects the number of units getting sold.

This will translate in greater success for the product, and in turn WOTC will finally have to put some people of quality on making these games. WOTC does not have it’s ‘fantasy junk’ line of games in Wallmart. This is because nobody plays that rubbish and it does not appeal to most people. AA42 is the flagship game for AA. It was made in huge quantities and it needs to do well.

I have a gift for all of you when i get the 500 reviews. I have a supreme map file for AA42 that will knock your socks off.  But i will not release it till these reviews are in.

• OK good to hear that. Thanks for the review.

• @Imperious:

AA42 Map file:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?n3nwlmkwjlg

Thanks for your great work.
    Just one note: did you forget applying the contry mark on Italy?

• Customizer

I went and did a Review, one of the first ones too.

IL, I know you make great maps and all… but could I please beg you to scan your 1942 rulebook into pdf and post it in the forum or email it to me?  I know you know how to make pdfs…

thank you in advance

• I will get this done, but by other means. Get me a few days.

Also, note we got enough for Wallmart

Now we turn to Amazon and Barns and Noble.

This is our mission. To use guerrilla warfare tactics to get the AA42 game basking in warm reviews, to let the little people buy it up.  This will secure a brighter future for AA franchise. Instead of bitching about chimps ( which WOTC is nothing less) we must defend our game. Right now the flagship version of this game is AA42 and we have to get behind it even though for us this is the poor mans version of AA. To the AA franchise it represents the major investment because they made alot of these. If we can get the entry level peeps to get into the AA experience, we will generate an entirely new cadre of fans to play with in the future. As you may notice alot of new faces on this site. This is no fluke, but planned result in the release of so many games for AA. To keep the games going we need these good reviews.

Please do this.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Did one for Amazon. All true since I did buy a copy for friend who is now addicted (takes over his dining room table).

Thanks for the “Great War” stuff and we are still far from even  :-P

• Ok very nice to hear.

• Mission accomplished sir.
    I am also going to seek out other sites and post my review anywhere possble.

• Just finished my Amazon review.

• Ok thats great guys. keep up the work.  Just need about 10-12 per major retail site.

• If people can list or link where they find it I’ll post a review. So far I’ve only done amazon and walmart.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m