How do you collect income for axis and allies?!?!

• I have recently picked up axis and allies 1942 spring edition and am completely new to axis and allies, I was wondering how you get your income?? Because it says to add your IPC? What in the world does that mean? Sadly my brother and i have not been able to complete one turn because we have no idea how to collect income. I would greatly appreciate someone helping me figure this out, thank you so very very much.

• At the end of your turn, look at all the territories you have, add up their ipc values and collect that many. For example, if Russia captures West Russia and Ukraine on their 1st turn, they gain a 2 and 3 ipc territory, which are added to the 24 ipc’s of territory they already have, giving them 29 ipcs.

• So your saying that i just double the IPC’s that i currently have? like i have to count up all the circled numbers on the territories?

• The IPC’s that each country start with represents the territory Value they control… Russia starts with 24… If you count all the Territories that Russia Starts with it equals 24.  Same for every country.  but As the game progresses… If On the 1st turn russia conquers West russia (worth 2 IPC’s) then you add 2 to the total of all your territory.  but if later on you lose a territory somewhere else like Karelia (worth 2 IPC’s) You dont get those IPC’s.

for example… If russia conquers Ukraine and West Russia… On Germany’s turn… he has 40 IPC’s to play his moves…

at the end of his turn when he collects income
    If…
    … he Does NOT reconquer West Russia and Ukraine, then he will collect 35 IPC’s for his next turn.
    … He Re conquers Ukraine (Only) then he will collect 38 IPC’s
    … He conquers both then he gets 40. 
    … He conquers any other territories, just Add all the territories he controls (NOT the territories he lost) those are the IPC’s for next turn.

Remember… If a country (ie RUSSA) conquers a territory from another (ie Germany), they DO NOT also take any IPC’s already collected.  thats why Germany will always Start with 40 even if russia Conquers Ukraine

• Official Q&A

Welcome, IbraHenke!

Each power starts the game controlling certain territories, each worth a certain number of IPCs (the number printed on the territory).  The total of these IPCs currently under that power’s control is tracked by placing its control marker on the IPC chart on the board.  This is the power’s “income level”.  At the beginning of the game, each power also has that same number of IPCs “in the bank”.  In the case of the USSR, you would place a USSR control marker on the number 24 on the chart and give the USSR 24 IPCs in the bank.*

During the Purchase Units phase of its turn, a power spends some or all of its IPCs that are in the bank.  As a power gains territories during its turn, its control marker is moved up on the IPC chart by the IPC value of the territories.  Then, during the Collect Income phase, that power receives the number of IPCs indicated on the chart in its bank account to spend on future turns.  During other powers’ turns, that power’s income level may move up and down as enemies capture its territories and allies liberate them.  However, the number of IPCs that power has in the bank will not change until it spends them.

• The number of IPCs in a power’s “bank account” may be tracked in any way you like.  Some people use a pencil and paper, some people use poker chips, and some people use play money.

• Thank you very much for your reply i guess i didn’t read the rulebook clearly enough i can now finish one turn. I appreciate it!

• I’m still do not fully understanding the collect income phase.  Do I RE-ADD all my territory IPCs plus conquered/gained territory IPCs?

Example:
    Soviet Union
    Start…… 24
    purchased new units…(17)
    BALANCE…7

Combat Phase—Conquered territory with IPC value of 3

QUESTION-
    Do I now have 10 IPCs (balance of 7, plus 3 from newly conquered territory)
    or
    Do I have 34 IPCs (27 [24 from territories in my possession, PLUS 3 from newly conquered territory], ADDED TO the balance of 7 in the bank)

I am embarrassed to admit, the directions are very difficult to understand.  They appear to be written by an experienced player who has a previous understanding of certain facts, rules, or concepts that a new player is completely unaware of.

Thanks in advance.

• @RFLMN:

I’m still do not fully understanding the collect income phase.  Do I RE-ADD all my territory IPCs plus conquered/gained territory IPCs?

Example:
    Soviet Union
    Start…… 24
    purchased new units…(17)
    BALANCE…7

Combat Phase—Conquered territory with IPC value of 3

QUESTION-
    Do I now have 10 IPCs (balance of 7, plus 3 from newly conquered territory)
    or
    Do I have 34 IPCs (27 [24 from territories in my possession, PLUS 3 from newly conquered territory], ADDED TO the balance of 7 in the bank)

I am embarrassed to admit, the directions are very difficult to understand.  They appear to be written by an experienced player who has a previous understanding of certain facts, rules, or concepts that a new player is completely unaware of.

Thanks in advance.

You would have 34 IPC, exactly as the second option you describe.

• Another question,
    in one turn how many times can you attack?

EX: im the US can i attack the Germans in western Europe, and fight that battle, then after that(in the same turn), use DIFFERENT pieces in the pacific to attack wake island, and fight that battle, all in the same turn.

So could you attack twice in one combat move phase?

• @RFLMN:

Another question,

EX: im the US can i attack the Germans in western Europe, and fight that battle, then after that(in the same turn), use DIFFERENT pieces in the pacific to attack wake island, and fight that battle, all in the same turn.

Yes & No. You need to understand the difference between the Combat Move phase and the Combat phase.

During the combat move phase, you may move pieces into spaces where you would like to have a battle occur. You are not restricted in the number of battles you may set up in a turn, providing they are legal moves during the combat move phase.

For example, as Germany, a typical opening combat move may be:

A) 1 sub, 1 bomber, 1 fighter to the north atlantic UK BB & transport
    B) 3 fighters to the Med UK cruiser
    C) 1 bb, 1 transport (loaded) to the Med UK destroyer
    D) Amphibious assault from said transport, plus a fighter, a tank, and an infantry against Egypt.
    E) Attacks on whatever territories of Russia are important or weak, depending on what they did.

Once you stop moving units into hostile territories (and remember, land units cannot move through hostile territories), you move to the combat phase.

Each battle may be rolled in any order though strategic bombing missions and naval battles in seazones with an amphibious assault are always prior to any other attack on those affected territories. In this case, C is ALWAYS rolled before D.

Once all battles have been rolled and completed, you move onto Non Combat Move phase. You cannot have another round of combat after this, so you cannot for example (as germany again) have a battle in West Russia and then attack Moscow with those units that just had a battle in west russia - all combat moves are done, and then all battles are done. Effectively, all combat moves are simultaneous and then all battles are simultaneous.

Other than amphibious assaults, there should be no point where you stage battles (attack one territory in order to attack another territory).

• @RFLMN:

Another question,

First you do combat move, moving all your units to locations you want to attack.

THEN you do each separate combat.

So you do not attack the Germans in Western Europe then attack Wake Island or whatever.

You do a COMBAT MOVEMENT against the Germans in Western Europe, and a COMBAT MOVE against Wake Island, and you do ALL your COMBAT MOVES at the SAME TIME.

Later you RESOLVE each combat - you can fight the Germans in Western Europe first then fight for Wake Island, or you can fight for Wake Island first then fight the Germans in Western Europe.

But you don’t attack one place then attack another place or whatever.  You attack EVERYWHERE at the SAME TIME, then resolve the combats one by one.

Also if you have a new question, make a new topic.

• @kcdzim:

D) Amphibious assault from said transport, plus a fighter, a tank, and an infantry against Egypt.
    E) Attacks on whatever territories of Russia are important or weak, depending on what they did.

Each battle may be rolled in any order though strategic bombing missions and naval battles in seazones with an amphibious assault are always prior to any other attack on those affected territories. In this case, C is ALWAYS rolled before D.

Once all battles have been rolled and completed, you move onto Non Combat Move phase. You cannot have another round of combat after this, so you cannot for example (as germany again) have a battle in West Russia and then attack Moscow with those units that just had a battle in west russia - all combat moves are done, and then all battles are done. Effectively, all combat moves are simultaneous and then all battles are simultaneous.

Other than amphibious assaults, there should be no point where you stage battles (attack one territory in order to attack another territory).

yes but for an opening turn the transport cannot be loaded, there fore this couldn’t happen.

• @Viceroy:

@kcdzim:

yes but for an opening turn the transport cannot be loaded, there fore this couldn’t happen.

Sure it can.  You can load a transport, move it, and unload all in the combat movement phase, even in the first turn.  Germany does start with a transport in the med and a bomber (bb) capable of reaching the UK destroyer to take it out clearing the assault for that transport (which you load from france).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m