• hi, guys (and gals, all 4 of you  :-D)

so i’m kinda trying out hobbes’ fortress europe ideas for '42, and i’m pondering something

bunnies seemed to have a notion that jap/german fighters in w eur didn’t amount to much threat to allied naval chains in the atlantic, defending neither africa nor northern europe. i’d have to agree, though the figs presence does cause delays

so could the axis turn w eur AND karelia into fighter bases to cut off the northern route as well? supplement w eur with bombers as well. karelia is an objective at some point right? but is it too exposed to allied landing? will splitting the airforce and defending w eur/germ/e eur/karelia be too exhaustive of axis resources?

• If you have enough fighters/bombers, yes you can transform both Karelia and Western Europe to fighter bases. Bunnies is right that W. Eur. limits the usefulness of the fighters against the Russians but to me the real gains come from both the Atlantic delays and the threat of a combined air Axis attack on SZ3/5/6/7/8. Karelia only gives you the last one but in some occasions it may be necessary to prevent further Allied landings on Archangel.

• I would say the only reason to have your planes out of France would be if they are in a KJF mode (with the exception of a FTR in Germany for IB protection.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m