• Naval bases seem like guitars …  :-P

• @hyogoetophile:

Is NZ missing its infantry unit?

Nice pick up. He must have got knocked off when I was setting up the US, found him on the floor.

• I don’t see how Japan loses with all of those planes… I know I haven’t played it, but that’s my impression. I hope I’m wrong.

• Hey WIld Bill thanks for the pics +1 to you!!

Can you upload some more pics later on in mid and late game  :mrgreen:

That would be orsm.

• Are those new Japanese artillery pieces? I seem to remember that mine from every version of the game up until A&A50 has arty that looks identical to the ones in the pic, but the “legs” are closed together rather than spread apart like in these photos. Am I crazy? Oh yeah, first post!

• Re; Japan art
    Yes they are new, Krieg said they are the same unit just in a firing position now.

• would it be bad idea to start war in 1940?

• Gaahh in 1940 Siam was NOT occupied by the Japanese, o I vote for disregarding those Inf…

• Is it just me or do the Canadian pieces in this game look an awful lot like sunflower seeds?

• @cannon:

Wow!  Nice setup!  I count 8 air units in Japan.  The cardboard stuff is ugly, it took me a while to figure out that one was an anchor.  Thanks for the pictures Wild Bill.

I count 11 air units in Japan, and a total of 28 starting Japanese air units!!

• @WILD:

Couple things I noticed with the set up.

How many empty air strips the US has that are at Japans disposal. You have Guam, Midway, and Wake all start undefended. Also that the Philippines has no AB or NB.

Then Japan basically gets a free port at Kwangtung. Malaya comes with a port, and the UK will most likely be forced to back down if Japan heads that way early.

Ceylon (island off Indian coast) could be a good place for an AB to help protect the UK fleet in sz 39.

I also used all the Japanese tac bmrs that came with it, and some are chipped.

one thing i notice is that it’s one move from japan to canada again (with NB in Japan).

That stinks that there aren’t enough Tac bombers.  maybe they’ll put some more jap tac bombers in AAE40 for promo :roll: :wink:

• Looks like china is rediculously weak

• @mohare6:

Looks like china is rediculously weak

China looks weak, however Japan can’t actually engage many of China’s infantry on the first round (they’re all two spaces in).  So when japan moves inland China will still have the Tigers and fodder, so every Japanese territory will need at least 2 infantry if they hope to hold many of them.  Burma road seems to be a serious thorn in Japans side if they don’t dedicate a lot of troops to china.  And if they do that it means they’re weaker against the UK/Anzac forces.  They aren’t meant to be a major fighting force but they WILL be a distraction.  From the reports so far, Japan has a seriously balancing act and China is a huge part of it, not an easy one.

• @Stoney229:

@WILD:

Couple things I noticed with the set up.

How many empty air strips the US has that are at Japans disposal. You have Guam, Midway, and Wake all start undefended. Also that the Philippines has no AB or NB.

Then Japan basically gets a free port at Kwangtung. Malaya comes with a port, and the UK will most likely be forced to back down if Japan heads that way early.

Ceylon (island off Indian coast) could be a good place for an AB to help protect the UK fleet in sz 39.

one thing i notice is that it’s one move from japan to canada again (with NB in Japan).

That stinks that there aren’t enough Tac bombers.  maybe they’ll put some more jap tac bombers in AAE40 for promo :roll: :wink:

The lack of Tac Bombers is the biggest weakness of the game. You only get 6? Japan starts off with so many more. Say you wanted to move your tac bombers to all separate places. There is no way to do it. When you are splitting up your attacks there is know way to probably represent this in certain situations.

• Who knows, maybe they’ll release a ‘bag o units’ for sale, or maybe FMG will be at that point soon.

• bump

• I can see 3 TAC bombers in Japan in the pics,
    but in the setup chart I read 4…

• @mohare6:

Looks like china is rediculously weak

You should check anniversary, 1941 scenario  :-P that’s is ridiculous!

• '10

@WILD:

That is correct!

What to do if you want to sent those 4 tactical bombers to different Locations? :x

I don’t want to buy antoher copy to get more jap tactical bombers!!!

• @marechallannes:

@WILD:

That is correct!
    What to do if you want to sent those 4 tactical bombers to different Locations? :x
    I don’t want to buy antoher copy to get more jap tactical bombers!!!

It would have cost WOTC probably $1 max to double your pieces, but they would rather you spend another $90

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m