• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@the-captain so a solo LCV in Russia could have a Partisan placed there and kill the LCV ?

oops my bad. just saw your other reply

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

@barnee
    Examples:

1. A Soviet Partisan unit cannot spawn if there is an enemy Landing Craft unit in that territory.
    2. An Axis Landing Craft unit can move into an Axis controlled original Soviet territory - during the Non-Combat Movement phase - even if that Soviet territory has one or more Soviet Partisan units in it.

In this case, the Landing Craft unit would be lost if the Soviet Partisan units are transformed into regular Soviet Infantry units since these Soviet Infantry units would take control of the territory and thereby occupy the terrirory.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

The Rules Clarification to the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion has been updated.

The latest update adresses some questions asked in this Strategy Guide Global 1940 thread.

The Rules Clarification might be helpfull when reading the Strategy Guide Global 1940.

• @the-captain
    These House Rules look awesome and I can’t wait to start trying out Section 1 on Saturday. Question - Does artillery paired with any type of infantry (including SS Infantry) increase their attack value by 1? I know they’re still infantry, but…

• Hi @mkgionet

Yea SS Units only boost other SS Units. So Regular Artillery wouldn’t boost the Waffen Boys. It does boost the Wehrmacht Panzergrenadier to 3 though.

Something I usually forget lol

Let us know how your game goes :)

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

Hi @mkgionet

I hope you’ll enjoy your Global 1940 game today.

We’re truly looking forward to your feedback.

You can post your feedback at the Global 1940 & 1943 Game Report Thread that we have created for especially this purpose.

Let me know how you deployed the iconic Waffen-SS units. They are needed for sure on the Eastern Front to take up the fight against the Soviets - and especially the Soviet Guard Infantry units.

Have fun:+1:

• @the-captain Thanks Captain! After 11 hours (4turns) of hard-fought battle neither side has a clear advantage. Germany is on the doorstep of Moscow but likely doesn’t have enough to take it next turn. The German player has not decided to take advantage of the SS infantry and instead focused on purchasing massive amounts of tanks at the reduced price of 5.
    Question- Can Japan build a major industrial complex in Kiangsu? Japan starts the game in control of it, but technically it belongs to China?

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

@mkgionet

That sounds as a great game.

Japan can only build a Major Industrial Complex in Korea, since this is an original Japanese territory.

Please remember:
    This thread is Strategy Guide Global 1940.

To avoid confusion, you should post your next comments at the Global 1940 & 1943 Game Report Thread - you’ll find it at the frontpage of this House Rules section:+1:

There you’ll also find Game Reports with pictures from other Global 1940 games - and you might find inspiration for your strategies.

Looking forward to your next Game Report.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

The United States Strategy Guide will be updated with an additional US Strategic Plan.

We expect to be able to release it in Early 2023.

• @the-captain

Great!

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

When this Axis & Allies gaming season is ended (30th April 2023) the Strategy Guide Global 1940 will be updated.

• @the-captain

When are the strategy guides for the 1943 game expected? I want to use them for my solo 1943 game, which has been lying untouched on my table for a very long time. With the guides, the first couple of turns are going to play out much faster, as I don’t have to stare at the map for a long time, figuring out what to do.

• @victoryfirst

Like barnee said - study the Global 1940 & 1943 Game Report Thread - there you’ll find one of the best played and most balanced Global 1943 games we’ve been playing so far.

We’re still in the process of developing the Global 1943 Strategy Guide - it might be released in Late 2023.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

The United States Strategy Guide coming up in 2023 will include a strategy which will ensure the activation of the US National Guard in the Pacific.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

A part of the US Strategy concerning the Battle of the Atlantic must include a plan to Search & Destroy the German U-Boats.

A German U-Boat unit costs 4 IPC.

A US Battleship unit - or even a Super Heavy Battleship unit (supported by a Destroyer unit) - can take damage hits in a Naval Battle against German U-Boat units.

A Damage Hit on a Battleship unit can be repaired each at a cost of 3 IPC.

With sufficient US Battleship units - supported by a limited number of Destroyer units - and massive support by Air units - the USA is able to counter any threat from German U-Boat units - and win the Battle of the Atlantic economically.

This is the most popular US strategy concerning the battle against German U-Boat units in the Atlantic.

• @the-captain

Thanks for the tip!

• I’ve always been wondering about this: how is the United States handled in your guys’ games in terms of Kill Germany First, Kill Japan First, or a little bit of both? In most Axis & Allies games, KGF is the only viable strategy. Little bit of both tends to be less effective, and KJF doesn’t work at all most of the time.

Now, I haven’t tested each of these yet in your game, but I assume all three strategies are viable, and have advantages and disadvantages. What things do you have to keep in mind as the US player, doing one of these strategies? Are there certain situations that call for one strategy above the other? What strategy do you prefer?

I’ve always done little bit of both, but the navy war against the Japanese tends to be slow if the Japanese build ships of their own, and I find it hard to make progress.

For the game I am playing right now, I tried KGF, and it is working pretty well I think. The Americans have just enough to defend the most important islands and territories, and the Allies are making good progress on the mainland of Europe.

I am interested to see how KJF turns out. The Japs in my games often have difficult starts, and it takes some time for them to get going. Attacking them right at that moment could have devastating effects.
    Not sure about the Germans though. If they rule the Atlantic and can put all of their attention on the Eastern Front, it might become a short game for the Russians lol.

• @the-captain I’m sorry but in what game are you playing that it costs to repair a damaged battleship?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m