• 2024 2023 '22 '21

Coming Up in 2023:

• A full color printed rulebook with the Revised Edition of Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion
      The Revised Edition is mostly based on questions and comments from players in the Axis & Allies community and includes several rules clarifications.
    • New color coded plastic playing pieces
      A combination of “Punch Out” card board roundels and color coded plastic units is available to make it easier for players to manage the game - and make the game look more realistic.
    • A YouTube Channel is created, with videos and pictures of “How to use the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion”.
      Also, various strategies will be promoted with explanations.
    • Global 1943 will be available also as a new printed rulebook.

This ambitious project is expected to be released no later than 21st July 2023.

More informations and updates will be announced at this forum - stay with us.

• @the-captain

Awesome! Can’t wait to her how you sound. Please post the link when it comes up.

• Big things are under way💪🏻

• @cornelis-post said in Coming Up in 2023:

Big things are under way💪🏻

I’m thinking Long range Highly Accurate Artillery

Oops ! My bad. :flushed: Wrong site

• '19

@the-captain said in Coming Up in 2023:

New color coded plastic playing pieces

I really look forward to the new color coded plastic playing pieces

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

The Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion has been revised.

See it at the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion thread.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

Tournament rules for Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion haven’t been fully play tested yet.

We expect to be able to release them no later than 21st July 2023.

The Tournament rules consist of 12-16 Rules & Units from the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion rulebook.

Focus is on both economy as well as fighting units.

No Army Groups - maybe even no Armies - due to the reduced time of game play (maximum 7 hours). That’s what we’re play testing now.

We’ll post updates at this thread.

• @the-captain

Got a question. Why would you need to create tournament rules? If your current house rules are already very good and balanced, why do you need to create new ones?

I’ve never understood the need for tournament rules in general. Can someone help me out?

Thank you!

• @superbattleshipyamato said in Coming Up in 2023:

@the-captain

Got a question. Why would you need to create tournament rules? If your current house rules are already very good and balanced, why do you need to create new ones?

I’ve never understood the need for tournament rules in general. Can someone help me out?

Thank you!

Tournament rules are placed in games mostly so it doesn’t exceed 8 hours or less.

• @general-6-stars

I see.

Thank you for responding!

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

Concerning Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion Tournament Rules the big challenge is to reduce the time you need to play an entire G40 game.

Even when you play G40 OOB, the time needed is at least around 6-8 hours.

For our own tournaments, we play with the entire Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion.

Players must qualify for the finals over a period of 5 months. In this way, players have “unlimited” time to finish each game. All games are 1 vs 1.

So when we meet up with the final players, we have 3-4 days (Thursday evening to Sunday evening).
    All players take off Friday from work.

2 games must be completed within this weekend (semi finals & finals).

We’ve had great succes with this procedure - especially since some players travel to Denmark from Germany & Holland to play with us.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

According to the developement of the Tournament Rules, what we’ve experienced so far is that the time needed to finish the game isn’t the most important factor.

What is most important is that players are challenged on a massive scale - and have the utmost fun while playing.

We can also see this tendency on TripleA - some games have lastet for long periods of time.

When new players join in on the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion we advice them to play only when they are not busy.
    Actually, playing Axis & Allies is a method to get away from a busy every-day life - even if it is only for shorter periods of time.

Take your time - and enjoy the ride.

Remember:
    “Some day this War is gonna end…”

To develope a shorter game though - and a way to learn the game mechanisms in the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion, we’ll keep play testing the Tournament Rules.

The Tournament Rules are also designed to ultimately replace the Axis & Allies Global 1940 Basic Expansion.
    This will also inculde new Winning Conditions.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m