Would the Allies lost if the USSR joined the Axis

• About the poll, the U.S. would have entered the war regardless of whether or not Pearl Habor happend.  It would have taken longer though.

• I totally agree w. Historybuff…

• yes i agree, with history buff on that matter. Because if America never joined Europe and the Pacific would have fallen.

• The bed was too small for Hitler and Stalin both.

• IN the event that the Soviets and Germany and Japan and Italy teamed up to carve the world…. and Japan never attacks the Pacific ( stays out of indo-china and holds china and does not commit atrocities–e.g. Nanking), then UK would fall before USA comes in the picture and fights a losing battle alone and eventually the American public grows tired of FDR and sends him and his chair packing. The American people respond only to direct threats/attacks made upon its property. You have to rub our noses and get us dirty before we do something. IN that time America wanted no part of another European war. Lend lease aid to UK would not have helped them against a 20 million man army. The remaining nations would have just accepted the new order in Europe. Eventually after decades Russians and Germans would be fighting over something and perhaps then a realistic effort against Germany might have made sence.

But Hitler and Stalin were incompatible, after Stalin dies in 1956, Hitler would have tested the new Soviet regime with some provocation, as the Soviets tested Kennedy in 1962. Germany would have entered the space race long before anybody and the occupation of most of talented Europe would have given them enough skills to lead us in overall technological advancement.

• I honestly don’t believe we would have entered the war if it weren’t for pearl harbor.The majority of American citzens were against being pulled into another war in Europe, and alot still held pro-german or anti-UK sentiments.

@Imperious:

The American people respond only to direct threats/attacks made upon its property. You have to rub our noses and get us dirty before we do something. IN that time America wanted no part of another European war.

I agree with IL, America needed to be pushed before we push back.

• yah, if pearl harobr had not been attacked FDR would have had to do some serious politic’n to get the US off it’s ass.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDRa9I-NwDY

this illustrates the point better.

• lols

• haha…what happened to the polish boy…he left his kilbasa?

• That little Hilter is great. It proves your point IL. :lol: :-D

• im not really sure…i do think that if Stalin had remained on Hitler’s side and BARBAROSSA was used…i think Germany might have held on to Europe a bit longer…yes Germany would not have had to fight on two fronts and yes it would have been more of a bloodier battle at D-day…but the real question is…after the attack on Pearl and the US declaration on Japan…would Hitler would still have declared war on the USA with Stalin backing him up?  Maybe…but even Stalin knew how strong US production could get…

• The Allies would have lost. Hitler’s turning on Russia at the time and place he did was one of the biggest reasons his thousand year Reich failed when it did. I am sure most people on these forums have tried out the USSR neutral scenario. Just with them neutral the game becomes much more difficult.

FDR was playing for time prior to Pearl Harbor. He had already comment the US to a virtual state of war in the Atlantic and had sent Pacific naval units over to the Atlantic already. Maybe the atom bomb could have still shifted the balance. But the allies weren’t the only ones working on technology. Conflict with Japan was coming, their preemptive strike on Pearl Harbor brought the USA in too early.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m