Would the Allies lost if the USSR joined the Axis

• That little Hilter is great. It proves your point IL. :lol: :-D

• im not really sure…i do think that if Stalin had remained on Hitler’s side and BARBAROSSA was used…i think Germany might have held on to Europe a bit longer…yes Germany would not have had to fight on two fronts and yes it would have been more of a bloodier battle at D-day…but the real question is…after the attack on Pearl and the US declaration on Japan…would Hitler would still have declared war on the USA with Stalin backing him up?  Maybe…but even Stalin knew how strong US production could get…

• The Allies would have lost. Hitler’s turning on Russia at the time and place he did was one of the biggest reasons his thousand year Reich failed when it did. I am sure most people on these forums have tried out the USSR neutral scenario. Just with them neutral the game becomes much more difficult.

FDR was playing for time prior to Pearl Harbor. He had already comment the US to a virtual state of war in the Atlantic and had sent Pacific naval units over to the Atlantic already. Maybe the atom bomb could have still shifted the balance. But the allies weren’t the only ones working on technology. Conflict with Japan was coming, their preemptive strike on Pearl Harbor brought the USA in too early.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m