Axis&Allies Classic 2nd Edition Transports Rules Questions

• Official Q&A

@Cernel:

This is true all the same for the first, the second and the third editions of Classic, right?

Yes.

@Cernel:

Is there somewhere a full list of all transport rules differences between Classic and Revised OOB.

Not that I’m aware of.

• Another thing:

5. Can a transport move/load/unload (meaning either move only, or unload only, or move and unload only, or load and unload only, or move, load and unload, or load, move and unload) during Combat Movement if having an AA gun already loaded before the turn (of course, assuming the transport is going into a hostile sea zone, or it is making a sea borne assault with some other unit (it may or may not have been already loaded before the turn), or both)? (I know this is possible in Revised OOB, and I assume it is in Classic too)

• Of course, aside from the Iron Blitz sub-edition of the 3rd edition, the other unit would be an infantry only.

Side note, I’m not sure if this sub-forum is about Classic, or restricted to the 2nd edition of the same only, and I should talk about the 1st and 3rd edition in “Other Axis & Allies Variants”? That wouldn’t make sense to me, considering how close the 1st and 3rd editions are to the 2nd one.

• Never mind, for 1 minute I forgot that in Classic the AA gun takes up the whole space of the transport. Still, I would be interested to know how it would work if you could load 1 AA gun and 1 infantry in 1 transport (which you cannot), while everything else being Classic 2nd Edition rules, even tho I realize this is not relevant for the actual game.

• So, the question would be actually this one:

5. Can a transport move during Combat Movement if having an AA gun already loaded before the turn (of course, assuming the transport is going into a hostile sea zone)? (I know this is possible in Revised OOB, and I assume it is in Classic too) (if it is possible, I understand we already clarified the AA gun would be unable to unload during the subsequent Non Combat Movement phase)

• Official Q&A

@Cernel:

5. Can a transport move during Combat Movement if having an AA gun already loaded before the turn (of course, assuming the transport is going into a hostile sea zone)? (I know this is possible in Revised OOB, and I assume it is in Classic too) (if it is possible, I understand we already clarified the AA gun would be unable to unload during the subsequent Non Combat Movement phase)

Yes.

• Another question:
    6. If I have rockets, can an AA gun in a transport offload during Combat Movement, to make its special attack, on that turn?

• @Cernel said in Axis&Allies Classic 2nd Edition Transports Rules Questions:

Another question:
    6. If I have rockets, can an AA gun in a transport offload during Combat Movement, to make its special attack, on that turn?

Or from the transport’s point of view:
    Would the transport be allowed to unload the AA gun into a friendly territory during Combat Movement Phase, @Krieghund?
    Would that imply the introduction of a sort of “Amphibious (pre-rocket-attack supporting) Landing” (instead of an Amphibious Assault into a hostile territory), then?

• Official Q&A

@Cernel said in Axis&Allies Classic 2nd Edition Transports Rules Questions:

1. If I have rockets, can an AA gun in a transport offload during Combat Movement, to make its special attack, on that turn?

Yes. According to the Rules Clarifications document, “Unlike an antiaircraft gun, a rocket can move before combat and fire during combat.”

@Panther said in Axis&Allies Classic 2nd Edition Transports Rules Questions:

Or from the transport’s point of view:
    Would the transport be allowed to unload the AA gun into a friendly territory during Combat Movement Phase, @Krieghund?

Yes, as an AA gun can never move into a hostile territory.

@Panther said in Axis&Allies Classic 2nd Edition Transports Rules Questions:

Would that imply the introduction of a sort of “Amphibious (pre-rocket-attack supporting) Landing” (instead of an Amphibious Assault into a hostile territory), then?

No.

• @Krieghund Thank you. Very interesting how a technological breakthrough affects other core game rules here.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m