• It seems that the US only gets 20 infantry pieces, but the setup and reinforcement charts have a total of 22 American infantry. In addition, all the countries seem to have lots of extra artillery pieces that will never come into play. Am I missing something in the rules, or are these artillery pieces just extra? I understand the extra German infantry and tanks and extra American tanks since stacks with chips may split up, but the American and German artillery and the British tanks and artillery are all separate in the setup/reinforcement charts and so would not need extras.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

It seems that the US only gets 20 infantry pieces, but the setup and reinforcement charts have a total of 22 American infantry. In addition, all the countries seem to have lots of extra artillery pieces that will never come into play. Am I missing something in the rules, or are these artillery pieces just extra? I understand the extra German infantry and tanks and extra American tanks since stacks with chips may split up, but the American and German artillery and the British tanks and artillery are all separate in the setup/reinforcement charts and so would not need extras.

I doubt the US will have fewer than 2 infantry unit casualties over the course of the flow of reinforcements, especially if the Germans are trying to win the game. The last 2 US Infantry reinforcements come on the board on round 7. So, it is kinda odd, but nothing to worry about. Just consider it a taste of the Hasbro/WotC/AH penny-pinching that we would all become familiar with in later releases…

-Midnight_Reaper

• A friend and I played today and found the situation as you reported it. It never occurred to
    me that was how the gane came boxed. I presumed I had mixed up the pieces from my games.Was a tad annoying.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

I remember that having happened to us with the D-Day game as well when we got it. I think we were missing one or two German tanks, and like one British infantry. We just waited for casualties and put them back on the board, but I agree, frustrating.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

It seems that the US only gets 20 infantry pieces, but the setup and reinforcement charts have a total of 22 American infantry. In addition, all the countries seem to have lots of extra artillery pieces that will never come into play. Am I missing something in the rules, or are these artillery pieces just extra? I understand the extra German infantry and tanks and extra American tanks since stacks with chips may split up, but the American and German artillery and the British tanks and artillery are all separate in the setup/reinforcement charts and so would not need extras.

You have a “normal” set. The pieces supplied do not exactly match the charts and setup. As noted you’ll have two infantry removed from the board well before you get to their spot on the chart.

We’ve been fielding this question for quite some time: https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=8366.0

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m