• I suppose that this is simply going to replace the old stuka, or do you think that this will be an alternative air unit for the germans.  I find it ironic that germany will get airpower in this game when they didn’t have it in dday.  by the bulge their airpower was non-existant.

• That is not correct both sides had it but of course the Allies had a clear majority. ON Jan 1st Hitler launched operation Operation Bodenplatte a 1,000 plane raid on the allies hoping to destroy many planes at the airfields, but he lost more than he destroyed. The stuka was not used in this period or campaign… they would get chewed up by mustangs… me-109 was more realistic choice for a fighter mold for the game because that was the primary german plane in Bulge.

• I recall those planes got chewed up due to their own flak as much as allied defense.  But statistically should germany have air units, when the allies could muster over 10,000 planes and that includes just the 8th and 9th air forces.  This does not account the 4th based in italy or the brits.  The germans had 3000 which were hampered by poor fuel supplies and untrained pilots.

• yes but its fun to have at least some units or its a turkey shoot…which what it was anyway.

It was only a Semi Turkey Shoot Goering was a moron!

• @Imperious:

yes but its fun to have at least some units or its a turkey shoot…which what it was anyway.

Well, it is a turkey shoot. At 3 to 1 disadvantage Germany has barely enough to cover one of their key supply hexes.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m