• As an Axis and Allies Global Player for a few years now, I have developed strategies to play specific nations.

I have a slight problem with this.

When you play with the same players over and over again, strategies become a script and become predictable.

So, my question to the community is, what strategies do you recommend that are unconventional for the 9 nations (8 Technically).

Videos of strategies are appreciated.

Some that I have used were

Germany -

Dark Skies
    Operation Sealion
    Afrika Corps
    G1 Barbarossa
    YG’s German Strategy
    Cobra Kai

USSR -

Turtle and Crush
    Red Dragon
    Mass Assaults
    Aggressive Commies

Japan -

J1 Attack
    J2 Attack
    J3 Attack
    USSR First
    The Orange Cloud
    Bloody Waters

USA -

Berlin First
    Rome First
    Spanish Beach Head
    Japan First - Plan Orange
    Japan First - Island Hopping
    Japan First - Green Shores

China -

Aggressive
    Passive

UK -

Middle Earth
    Italy First
    The Tan Blob
    Egyptian Factory
    Taranto Raid
    Tobruk
    Taranto and Tobruk

Italy -

North Africa
    The Neo - Roman Empire

ANZAC -

SE Pacific Island Hopping
    Large Navy Assault
    US/UK Can Opener

France -
    N/A

Thanks in advance, even if you cannot help.
    All Suggestions are appreciated.

• Believe it or not but you should have a French strategy in the event that France gets that 3% win over Germany.

• I find France is a very reactionary country to play, especially due to the fact that the capital doesn’t last more than 2 rounds at most.

• TripleA

France wins the 0.1-3%, well you just play another game because the axis are done for.

I am not a fan of the Germany Africa thing, but yeah it can work. I prefer to just blast everything with Germany’s air and have Italy waltz right in, that is because transports don’t defend and I hate to invest in ships to protect t hem.

• TripleA

So if you want to get Africa going for Italy, buy bombers with germany round 1 and 2. You can take southern France whatever that spot is called, the one with the minor ic g1 and get a solo transport with 1 inf (move arty from france) and a dd or  carrier something.

• I heard about every strategy except ‘The Tan Blob’. What’s this?

• Great to see the Afrika Korps strategy included!

Take a look at my Allied strategy: the Bright Skies, I now posted the USA perspective in detail, the one of Russia and China will follow later or are already mentioned in the introduction.

I will test it out myself this week, I think it has some good potential for the Allies to even the game back to their favour!

• Sponsor

I’m not quite sure what the “YG German strategy” consist of… can you elaborate?

• TripleA

Do an allied strategy playbook. I been too lazy

• @Cow:

Do an allied strategy playbook. I been too lazy

I’ll start on it.

@Young:

I’m not quite sure what the “YG German strategy” consist of… can you elaborate?

The eventual Sealion strategy

@Afrikakorps:

Great to see the Afrika Korps strategy included!

Take a look at my Allied strategy: the Bright Skies, I now posted the USA perspective in detail, the one of Russia and China will follow later or are already mentioned in the introduction.

I will test it out myself this week, I think it has some good potential for the Allies to even the game back to their favour!

I will take a look

@hecatomb:

I heard about every strategy except ‘The Tan Blob’. What’s this?

Mass infantry assault, UK style

I will work on an Allied Playbook non-stop (As I have no life :-D)

• '21 '20 '18 '17

I want a tan infantry rush!

Only problem is that pesky 26 mile post-ice-age gap between the continent and its flooded periphery…

If one lone woman can swim the channel in a day, surely 70 fully armed infantry divisions of fighting Tommies can cross without further delay!

• UK tan blob form what I have seen usually doing off of Egypt which UK invades Turkey and comes from the East.

• What are the Russian mass assaults and aggressive commies strats? And what are the orange cloud and blood waters Japanese strats?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

What are the Russian mass assaults and aggressive commies strats? And what are the orange cloud and blood waters Japanese strats?

Well the USSR one is basically obvious. In G40, there is NO way of getting around the fact that you have to mass infantry to stop Germany unless Germany did Sealion and failed.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

I’ve been trying to put together a Burma strategy for the UK – like Middle Earth,  but instead of going north to fight Germany or west to fight Italy, you go east to Yunnan and French Indochina. South Africa builds navy to keep the Japanese from casually raiding the Indian coast, and Persia / Iraq factories feed mech into southeast Asia. There’s not a huge amount of money there, but I suspect that if you can keep UK pacific at critical mass, and perhaps China as well, then you can rally enough of a coalition to contain and roll back Japan. It’s a compound interest thing…a few extra ipcs in the hands of China/ UK Pac on turn 3 means more allied troops on turn 4, which means a few more allied ipcs on turn 5, and so on.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

What are the Russian mass assaults and aggressive commies strats? And what are the orange cloud and blood waters Japanese strats?

Mass assaults w/ Infantry.

Aggressive Commies - Always on the offense

Orange cloud - Mass Airforce Attacks

Bloody waters - Nothin’ but carriers

• Question about Bloody Waters, I am not sure what “nothing but carriers” is, do you mean the entire navy is carriers with fighters or you focus on carriers over larger surface ships so instead of battleships, go for carriers.

• You tend to buy a lot of carriers to support your massive Air Force in the that you have at the start. After you have a large Majority on them, then turn to Submarines.

• Interesting so the entire surface fleet is carriers backed by submarines. I am not sure the correct counter would be, maybe air force and cruisers?

• If your opponent buys a lot of destroyers then this strategy my be screwed, but you if you scatter them, then it makes it harder for them to come for you.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m