• I will be contracted to do whatever i am told. If i have any say then the map will be 100% accurate based on all my old 1939 published map files and atlas. I can only say that it will be a supreme creative effort and it will not be another rinky dink map that i have seen them make before.

• Customizer

A confession - my A&A map was based on a map by Der Panzinator which was based on WAW.  That’s why so much of the geography was skewed.  Of course I widened the oceans, but hopefully all will be put right in my new version.

• @Flashman:

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7113/axisandalliesglobalwarmqc2.jpg

This map is perfect, but how do I print it out in full size ?

• Customizer

Perfect?  No, man.  And why is Fezzan now called Libya and German?  Or is your link an earlier version?

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1443&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=24

Don’t know printing, man.

[attachment deleted by admin]

• You did not answer my question about printing, now I see why you have bad karma

• Given the size of the map, approximately 4 feet by 2 feet, or 1.2 meters by 0.6 meters, you may have to put in on a CD disk and take it to a printer or print shop to have it printed on large paper.  I would also recommend that you laminate it as well.  It does appear to be a very good map.

• @Imperious:

I will be contracted to do whatever i am told. If i have any say then the map will be 100% accurate based on all my old 1939 published map files and atlas. I can only say that it will be a supreme creative effort and it will not be another rinky dink map that i have seen them make before.

You mean the same “rinky dink” map that Revised basically rips off, at least as to Europe?  Yes, Xeno’s W@W definitely has issues, not the least of which is it’s EXTREMELY hard to win as the Axis against any competent Allied player.  Not that that’s unrealistic, it just hurts playability because you get sick of the same side winning (almost) every game.  But W@W has some pretty cool futures, and it is based on, and only slightly more complex than, A&A Revised Second Edition.  Some features I like include the country-specific units, such as Panzers for Germany, Russian Guards for Russia and Marines for the U.S. that have their own attack and defense values.  W@W also introduced the paratrooper unit, AND the Cruiser unit, which again Revised rips off with the Destroyer unit, which basically serves the same purpose.  W@W may not be a truly “polished” game – the special rules applicable to capturing certain capitals are damn confusing and vague, and in the case of the Russian capital just plain unfair IMO – but for the money, you get a lot.  A few house rules is all you need to clean up the glitches.  W@W is about a eight to ten hour playout with players who know what they are doing.  If you get much more “realistic” than that, you can measure the length of the game with a sundial!  :lol:

I have also purchased, but never played, Europe at War.  Some very interesting rules, but VERY complicated.  For example, air units are divided into “tactical air” and air cap, which makes for some interesting rules interpretations issues and probably a very long playout.  But I will give Frank Zenau (his real name) credit – he’s one creative guy (if a little grammatically challenged).

• Rinky-Dink refers to the aesthetic of the maps artwork. The game is okay except with its grammer issues and such. I am not fond of the tech system but i am only making a 1st class map and not retooling the game.

• Well, in my opinon W@W mainly just a set of diplomactic house rule.

Imperious, would you make a true area true timeline map?
    True size continents and oceans. Europe and Pacifc at the spot in time.

• Customizer

I really don’t think true area maps work for A&A, certainly not a world version.  Even if you make a HUGE map to produce a reasonably sized Europe, you still get vast areas of south America and Africa which see very little action.  A real world scale is OK for Risk, but little else.

• would you make a true area true timeline map?
    True size continents and oceans. Europe and Pacifc at the spot in time.

please elaborate.

• @Imperious:

please elaborate.

Just trying to be prefectionist.

True Area
    Western Europe to West Russia inclusive

• OOB map of revised: 23cm

• my A0 map of revised: 45cm

• A0 map of earthlights: 19cm  :cry:

• earthlights map: 2700 of 16384 pixels

(8MB http://www.geocities.com/kayleelayne/images/earthlights_dmsp_big.jpg)

Width of whole map, to have Western Europe to West Russia same width as

• OOB revised: 140cm

• my A0 map of revised: 273cm  :cry:

True timeline

As for timeline…for “gameplay” reasons some maps have different starting time in Europe vs. Pacific?

• Customizer

Gah?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m