• I recently purchased some units from HBG. Am I allowed to post pictures on the forum? These pictures will be comparing HBG unit colors and size with the Axis and Allies units.

• I think you need 10 posts before you can do so but as you are at 14 give it a try!

• I should be able to post pictures now that I have 10+ posts but I was thinking more of the lines if I 'm violating forum rules posting items that I purchased from the HBG website. I am by no means a sales person of HBG or try to advertise their products by posting pictures. I was thinking more of the passion I have with anything to do with Axis and Allies and help people make decisions if they would like to purchase available merchandise to make their game experience even better. Anyways I will start a topic under the customization section later today.

• That will work because that’s where every post pics of the there painted pieces and a lot are from HBGing.

• Photos comparing sculpts aren’t considered to be problematic as far as I know.  Here are some examples along those lines:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=27911.1230

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=23386.0

• Thank you CWO Marc! Your first link is exactly what I was looking for. I viewed and read it all page by page. Took me hours… There are crazy pictures from knp7765 and John Brown which make me embarrassed to post my dinky little order from HBG.

• '17 '16 Customizer

I have about 600 bucks on HBG, and I feel the same, my orders also pail in comparison to some of the members here lol.

• Yes, the expression “piece junkies” is a good description of a good many folks on the forum, myself included.  “Sculpt enthusiasts” would be a more clinical term.  I own a bit of stuff from HBG, but I think of myself mainly as a collector of OOB A&A sculpts.  My collection is organized into a couple of dozen compartmentalized plastic storage trays, and some of those trays are literally packed full.  To use another clinical term, my sculpt collection is “in excess of requirements” for actual playing purposes, to put it mildly.  I ultimately blame (or rather credit) the 1970s movie Midway for my mild obsession with A&A sculpts: it features two very cool (an in one case very large) table maps, one Japanese and one American, on which the opposing fleets are depicted with ship markers, with a few aircraft markers thrown in for good  easure.  When I first saw the film, I remember wishing I had a big map table and neat military and naval markers to play with.  Now I do.  :)

• What is happening and HBG? Currently, much of what is required to complete in 1936 is out of stock … I’m referring primarily to Tan color that I need for the UK. Light tanks, light carriers, Commando, but not only that but also the Pumpkin orange heavy bombers fot Japan … None of this does not come for months … :?

• '17 '16

HBG operates like this… he buys multiple copies of the game(s)… like 1940 Europe/Pacific, 1942SE, etc… then breaks down the game pieces and sells them individually… he does this periodically… so one day you may notice he has zero British Infantry, but the next day he has 400 (cuz he just restocked multiple copies of the game).

If someone comes along and JUST buys a ton of Tan British units, but nobody buys any other units, then he’s unlikely to buy more copies of the game till the other nationalities start selling out… so ya, he might be out of Tan British for awhile if nobody is buying the other countries.

I’ve noticed obvious “well he just purchased a bunch of 1940 Europe editions” by how much stock of certain nations jump up… then usually a couple weeks later, bam… “well he just bought a bunch of 1940 Pacific editions”.

Just keep a “notify me when unit-x is in” tagged and you’ll get notified when he restocks… give it time, he will restock.

• Thank you for the explanation!

• '17 '16 Customizer

What tan units you need? I have lots of extra crap.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@siredblood:

What tan units you need? I have lots of extra crap.

HMS Serapis, I believe, is talking about pieces from the UK set, the Allied Tan set and some of the HBG produced Japanese sets.

I don’t think he was referring to Global 40 pieces, but I could be wrong. :-)

• @Wolfshanze:

HBG operates like this… he buys multiple copies of the game(s)… like 1940 Europe/Pacific, 1942SE, etc… then breaks down the game pieces and sells them individually… he does this periodically… so one day you may notice he has zero British Infantry, but the next day he has 400 (cuz he just restocked multiple copies of the game).

If someone comes along and JUST buys a ton of Tan British units, but nobody buys any other units, then he’s unlikely to buy more copies of the game till the other nationalities start selling out… so ya, he might be out of Tan British for awhile if nobody is buying the other countries.

I’ve noticed obvious “well he just purchased a bunch of 1940 Europe editions” by how much stock of certain nations jump up… then usually a couple weeks later, bam… “well he just bought a bunch of 1940 Pacific editions”.

Just keep a “notify me when unit-x is in” tagged and you’ll get notified when he restocks… give it time, he will restock.

You’re talking about Axis and Allies units. He was asking about HBG custom made units which I believe they order from China

• Yes, I’m talking about HBG units. Light carriers, Commando, light tanks, scout cars (tan), and orange pumpkin Heavy Bomber for Japan.

• I did not know that the different way of restocking A & A units and HBG units. I thought both purchased from the same place. Somehow from China or somewhere else … I hope you understand my English …

• '17 '16

@HMS:

I did not know that the different way of restocking A & A units and HBG units. I thought both purchased from the same place. Somehow from China or somewhere else … I hope you understand my English …

Sorry for the confusion… HBG custom units are ordered from China… I’m not sure how often or what his criteria is for the custom HBG units… the process I described earlier is the OOB A&A units from the game… but there are two different sources, the custom units from China and the stock units from the A&A games.

• Everything is ok, tnx.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m