• Founder TripleA Admin

I’ve started this thread to help expose some useful features of this forums software. If you have any tips for using the forums or for posting in general, post them here with a number following the number of the previous tip.

1. Return to this topic. After you post a message you can automatically return to the topic (instead of going to the forum listing). The first way is semi-manual. After you write your message, click additional options, and check the “Return to this topic” checkbox. The second way is to set this in your profile. Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout Preference->Check the “Return to topics after posting by default” box on the right. With this setting, you will automatically return to the message thread.

• Some useful codes when posting.

2. To quote someone:

[quote][/quote]

You can use the quick shortcut button to quote someone on the forum too but in case you need to quote someone from another , its good to know this code.

3. To display a picture:

[img]http://*picture link*[/img]

This is disabled on this forum but it works on just about every other forum.  On this forum you can simply attach a picture (or any other file) to your post by going to the bottom where it says “Additional Options.”

To change size of your text: text to be enlarged

Note if you modify the number it will change the size of your text.site

4. To make a text link:

[url]*text*[/url]

For example [url]A&A.org site[/url]

Those are some basic codes you can use.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Dj, this should be sticky’d for newbies and veterans with new computers.

• Customizer

We really need a map posting facility.  My maps are simply too big to post here, so enabling the HTTP function would be a big help. 
    It’s also a pain to download other folk’s maps from various other hosts, so please see what can be done to allow the attachment of bigger graphics files.

• Testing a smile

• @Funcioneta:

Testing a smile

I like that one!

it’s quite a agRRRRRRReeable!

• How can I ignore play by forum and league posts when I click “Show unread posts since your last visit.”?

This can be a problem as people often post 3-4 times for their moves in a game. Unless I want to follow every single game in progress, these posts are clutter.

I have been clicking the parent category, i.e. “League” and just click the “mark as read” option. But it turns out this site has like 3 or 4 various places that games go on, and I have to do this for each as posts run on. Examples: League, Team games, play by forum….etc.

Please help, I’m developing over click syndrome.  :-D

• Hi there.

Why can’t I post a URL link to my IPC excel sheet for members to try?

Do I need permission? If so… can I have it? :mrgreen:

• We don’t want to do this so we can stop harmful spam on the forums. You can still post the link, only it will require people to copy and paste into search engine.

This is how we are working to stop spam.

• Cheers for your response.

However I am not even allowed to post a address to be copied and pasted

• Founder TripleA Admin

Don’t “bump” threads. It will be marked as spam and you’ll have subsequent problems posting.

• 2007 AAR League

another test to see if i can post.

No luck

• @djensen:

Don’t “bump” threads. It will be marked as spam and you’ll have subsequent problems posting.

How do you fix it if you do?

• Bump threads are not really allowed anyway. If nobody made a reply before, make a new original post to generate some reply’s. “Bump” does not advance conversation. Otherwise assume the thread is not well received so “Bump” isn’t helping it anyway. Making a topic people want to reply too is.

• @Imperious:

Bump threads are not really allowed anyway. If nobody made a reply before, make a new original post to generate some reply’s. “Bump” does not advance conversation. Otherwise assume the thread is not well received so “Bump” isn’t helping it anyway. Making a topic people want to reply too is.

Actually “bumps” are quite usefull.  Most of us use the “show new replies” to keep track of our games and let us know when an opponent has posted.  Sometimes we miss a post or have looked at it and forgotten to get back to it.  A “bump” put’s it back in our opponents “Show new replies” screen.

The Emperor can post now.  Thanks!

• Only DJ can do this action ( fix the double post glitch).

He might email DJ again on this.

The “bump” issue i was referring too was in normal posting rather than in online games. To avoid this problem in the future, players might avoid posting the same exact word twice in the same thread one post after another. That should trick out the askinet spam filter.

• @Imperious:

Only DJ can do this action ( fix the double post glitch).

He might email DJ again on this.

The “bump” issue i was referring too was in normal posting rather than in online games. To avoid this problem in the future, players might avoid posting the same exact word twice in the same thread one post after another. That should trick out the askinet spam filter.

Why?  What was the issue that required this?

• SPAM?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Why not just type “Don’t forget to post in here!” instead of using the B-word?

• Hello ,

I like A&A series and finally  find this great forum,

however , every post I submitted is “flagged as swam” and I don’t know what I done wrong ….

the first post is here:
    forums/index.php?topic=18230.0

after I reply that topic , My Account is banned and I need to register a other one …

the second/3rd post is :
    forums/index.php?topic=14342.0
    forums/index.php?topic=23631.0

my reply on both were deleted by system automatically …

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m