• Sponsor

There seems to be demand for a 1942 Global forum (official tournament rules and setup)…

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=33336.0

What should be done about it?

• Put all house rules threads in …ready…house rules.

That would also include some 18 threads in 1914, as well and a number that need to go to customizer, or software.

• Customizer

Well I suppose it could be in House Rules. I just thought that because it was an official scenario for Global it should have been there. It’s a shame there hasn’t been than much posted on this set-up.

• Customizer

@Imperious:

Put all house rules threads in …ready…house rules.

That would also include some 18 threads in 1914, as well and a number that need to go to customizer, or software.

I suppose we should put the Potential Tournament Rules for 1914 in the House Rules forum as well?  :roll:

These rules have Larry Harris’ name at the top of them. They should at least have a sticky.

By the way, I played the G1942 rules this weekend. I enjoyed the setup, and it was definitely good for newer players, since the political situation is simpler.

• '17 '16

@Imperious:

Put all house rules threads in …ready…house rules.

I think that 1914 thread on different ways of using units or modified rules should be treated differently.

This game is the first on his series, have a lot of distinctive feature and many players giving ideas are not talking about fantasy rules or unit.
    This game need adjustment and many share their play-testing while discussing a point.

For helping people which desire specifically improve 1914 experience, please open a specific sub-forum on 1914 Game modification, improvement and all other HR related to this game board. Something like the sub-forum of AA50 Anniversary…

Please don’t put them in the melting pot of House Rule forum. House Rule forum is already an overwhelming chaos, don’t add to the mess.

As for the HouseRule forum, it will not help either less experience player having to guess which set of rules is the background OOB of a specific thread.

I hope it is the place for the people who care about this kind of problem of categorization.
    And people which can do something about it, have at least the occasion to read.

If it’s not the case, at least tell me where I should post it. Thanks.

• '15

The House Rules section is pretty much un-navigable as they currently stand.  I’d much prefer having a sub folder for each iteration.  So the Global 40 forum has a sub forum for Global 40 house rules (such as the one that sparked this thread), AA50 gets their own subfolder for their house rules, etc.

• Customizer

All of the Revised projects are in House Rules so I suppose G1942 could go there but we also have the 1914 tournament rules in the 1914 section. I would like a sub-forum in Global but the G42 scenario deserves at least a sticky somewhere. It is officially endorsed by Larry Harris and is being played by a big enough audience to warrant something. Now that we’re passed the Alpha stages of Global and the second edition was published less than two years ago, there will probably not be a new A&A game coming out for years. At some point people may want to start playing the 1942 scenario en mass.

• People do not want to click G40 and find somebody that posts a new house rules thread everyday. At some point they just want to talk strategy, or rules. Same with 1914. Both these threads are turning into House Rules sections 2 and 3.

In house rules sub-forums ( AKA child boards) should be established. So people who want to show us RISK pieces for factories stop posting in G40, but customizer.
    People who want to talk about house rules for slave labor camps can find that not in G40, but in house rules subforums.

The REAL PROBLEM IS people posting in somewhere where they know they shouldn’t, but do so anyway fearing nobody will listen to them. That is bunk. House rules is the #3 most popular section. If the idea sucks regardless of where it was posted…nobody will care.

• Sponsor

@Imperious:

People do not want to click G40 and find somebody that posts a new house rules thread everyday. At some point they just want to talk strategy, or rules. Same with 1914. Both these threads are turning into House Rules sections 2 and 3.

In house rules sub-forums ( AKA child boards) should be established. So people who want to show us RISK pieces for factories stop posting in G40, but customizer.
    People who want to talk about house rules for slave labor camps can find that not in G40, but in house rules subforums.

The REAL PROBLEM IS people posting in somewhere where they know they shouldn’t, but do so anyway fearing nobody will listen to them. That is bunk. House rules is the #3 most popular section. If the idea sucks regardless of where it was posted…nobody will care.

I have fought that fight, the posters post their house rules in the G40 and 1914 forums, because they know that the moderators won’t move their threads.

• '17 '16

@Shin:

The House Rules section is pretty much un-navigable as they currently stand. I’d much prefer having a sub folder for each iteration.  So the Global 40 forum has a sub forum for Global 40 house rules (such as the one that sparked this thread), AA50 gets their own subfolder for their house rules, etc.

Don’t think it should be necessary for all forums.
    Maybe just the most popular: G1940 and 1914. To test it for starter.

I’m sure most of people will be more disciplined about the orientation given to a topic and if it derailed from an OOB perspective to some “spaghetti on the wall” HR, I think the opening poster will be less offended if it has to be put in House Rule sub-forum.
    Simply, because it will stay in a clearly categorized section about the game he intended to talk about. Often, it is not the opening posters fault, he can openly discuss a rule, trying to understand it, then asking about the well-founded ground, then rise a HR comments, and it starts.

This kind of situation about a specific rule is often link to a particular game and putting down into HR doesn’t help to clearly get the context.

Besides, creating a sub-forum are we talking about a long time-consuming operation for a mod.?

• Customizer

I really don’t understand all this “house rule” talk…

The 1942 setup is APPROVED BY LARRY HARRIS!!!

It is not a house rule. It is an official alternate setup. Therefore, it should get one of the following:

• A Subforum under the G40 Board (Similar to the setups of AA50)

• Its own forum (Similar to 1939)

• A goddamned sticky

I get that ppl posting house rules in main game forums is a problem, and personally I think it should be better organized, but either way that discussion does not apply here.

• Sponsor

@ossel:

It is not a house rule. It is an official alternate setup. Therefore, it should get one of the following:

• A goddamned sticky

I get that ppl posting house rules in main game forums is a problem, and personally I think it should be better organized, but either way that discussion does not apply here.

I agree!

• @ossel:

• A sticky

Well said!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m