• How can I ignore play by forum and league posts when I click “Show unread posts since your last visit.”?

This can be a problem as people often post 3-4 times for their moves in a game. Unless I want to follow every single game in progress, these posts are clutter.

I have been clicking the parent category, i.e. “League” and just click the “mark as read” option. But it turns out this site has like 3 or 4 various places that games go on, and I have to do this for each as posts run on. Examples: League, Team games, play by forum….etc.

Please help, I’m developing over click syndrome.  :-D

• Hi there.

Why can’t I post a URL link to my IPC excel sheet for members to try?

Do I need permission? If so… can I have it? :mrgreen:

• We don’t want to do this so we can stop harmful spam on the forums. You can still post the link, only it will require people to copy and paste into search engine.

This is how we are working to stop spam.

• Cheers for your response.

However I am not even allowed to post a address to be copied and pasted

• Founder TripleA Admin

Don’t “bump” threads. It will be marked as spam and you’ll have subsequent problems posting.

• 2007 AAR League

another test to see if i can post.

No luck

• @djensen:

Don’t “bump” threads. It will be marked as spam and you’ll have subsequent problems posting.

How do you fix it if you do?

• Bump threads are not really allowed anyway. If nobody made a reply before, make a new original post to generate some reply’s. “Bump” does not advance conversation. Otherwise assume the thread is not well received so “Bump” isn’t helping it anyway. Making a topic people want to reply too is.

• @Imperious:

Bump threads are not really allowed anyway. If nobody made a reply before, make a new original post to generate some reply’s. “Bump” does not advance conversation. Otherwise assume the thread is not well received so “Bump” isn’t helping it anyway. Making a topic people want to reply too is.

Actually “bumps” are quite usefull.  Most of us use the “show new replies” to keep track of our games and let us know when an opponent has posted.  Sometimes we miss a post or have looked at it and forgotten to get back to it.  A “bump” put’s it back in our opponents “Show new replies” screen.

The Emperor can post now.  Thanks!

• Only DJ can do this action ( fix the double post glitch).

He might email DJ again on this.

The “bump” issue i was referring too was in normal posting rather than in online games. To avoid this problem in the future, players might avoid posting the same exact word twice in the same thread one post after another. That should trick out the askinet spam filter.

• @Imperious:

Only DJ can do this action ( fix the double post glitch).

He might email DJ again on this.

The “bump” issue i was referring too was in normal posting rather than in online games. To avoid this problem in the future, players might avoid posting the same exact word twice in the same thread one post after another. That should trick out the askinet spam filter.

Why?  What was the issue that required this?

• SPAM?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Why not just type “Don’t forget to post in here!” instead of using the B-word?

• Hello ,

I like A&A series and finally  find this great forum,

however , every post I submitted is “flagged as swam” and I don’t know what I done wrong ….

the first post is here:
    forums/index.php?topic=18230.0

after I reply that topic , My Account is banned and I need to register a other one …

the second/3rd post is :
    forums/index.php?topic=14342.0
    forums/index.php?topic=23631.0

my reply on both were deleted by system automatically …

• Klop is not a dog. bbbbbbbbbbbbbbooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmm!!!

• bump to get rid of spam post

• Hellow!!! i am new here….

• The “show new replies to your posts” feature is terrific.
    There are a couple of limitations, however.

1)  I wish that you had the option to stop getting notifications of new posts to a thread you’ve posted in.

2)  I wish that you could get notifications of new threads that you have not posted in.

It’s already there. See where is says Reply | Notify | Mark Unread | Send this Topic | Print

Click on notify and read the message that pops up.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m