I know that many of you don’t have the luxury of a large gaming group the way we do, but I wanted to throw out some ideas I’ve been having regarding our situation. Basically we have been playing A&A 1940 Global for years, and we easily have up to 7 players around our custom game table, however, I have come to noticed a few problems with such a large group playing one game together.
1. The time it takes for one player to finish their turn can slow a game significantly leaving players with small roles feeling less involved between turns.
2. The bad strategies and misfortunes of an Axis player on one side of the world, tremendously effect the good strategies and fortunes of the Axis player on the other side.
3. Some players might feel that a game is lost due to the situation on one side, and may wish to surrender… meanwhile, players on the other side are engaged and having fun.
My idea is this…
We play a game of 1940 Europe, and a game of 1940 Pacific separately but on the same table.
1. Gameplay should move much quicker with multiple players truly playing simultaneously.
2. If an Axis power is doing well, or poorly… it wound not effect the strategies of the other Axis player.
3. If the situation on one side is hopeless and players no longer wish to continue, they can quit and setup for a second game without disrupting the other side.
4. Although 4 players are playing Europe, and 3 players are playing Pacific… being around 1 table should give us the same feelings of social interaction we have when playing Global.
5. This should give us a new and fresh way to play 1940 with the same set up and basic game mechanics of Global, as many of us have never played 1940 Europe or Pacific separately.