• So, I generally don’t use kamikazes, for the sole reason of not really understanding the rules behind them. I understand using them in the same way one would scramble. However, I still have a few questions:
    1. Say I use 3 kamikazes in the Philippines, attacking 3 cruisers. Do they get the chance to strike down the kamikazes before they hit? Or do the kamikazes either hit or miss?
    2. If an air craft carrier gets hit by a kamikaze, can it’s planes still participate in the land combat? Or are they stuck on the carrier?

Thanks in advance!

• Evening Kurt.
    1. A Kamikaze strike hits on a 1 and 2. The target has no defence. It is hit or miss, as you put it.

2. Any Air units still get to fight in the battle in which they were allocated.

If a  Carrier has been sunk by a Kamikaze(just like any other battle) it can no longer land planes.
    This could mean the planes are forced to crash into the sea after the allocated battle,  whether naval or land, if they do not have sufficient movement left to land elsewhere.

• Wanted to be sure you understood that Kamikaze is a defensive move by Japan and can only take place in the Combat Move of an enemy’s turn.

If the US/UK/Anzac move into a Kamikaze SZ in Non Combat then Japan cannot use a Kamikaze strike.

• Any time a surface war ship goes into an area that has the Kami symbol in it and there are still Kamis left then the Jap player can choose to use them or not, so it can happen in a noncom move
    Transports ans subs cant be taken as targets

• @suprise:

Any time a surface war ship goes into an area that has the Kami symbol in it and there are still Kamis left then the ��� player can choose to use them or not, so it can happen in a noncom move
    Transports ans subs cant be taken as targets

From 2nd edition rules:

Phase 2: Combat Move
    “If an allied player attacks Japanese units in or declares an amphibious assault from one of these sea zones [the ones with the kamikaze symbol], the Japanese player can announce at the beginning of this phase [Combat Move] that he or she intends to launch one or more (…)”.

So no Kamikazes in the NCM allowed unless there are rules errata that I am not aware of ;-)

• Thanks for the answers,
    wittman: yes i understand that it’s a defensive move, not offensive.

• First let me say sorry, Its Japanese
    You are correct ItIsILeClerc, I miss read Krieg"s answer to my Kamikazi Question.
    You’ll see my post in the one “heres a question”
    Thanks again
    S.A.
    p.s. Just dont forget to use them

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m