• Going through, I I see the bids usually being 6 to 9 when done.

I see some use it for a SS for Egypt.

I see some add defense in Egypt (2inf or inf/art).

What else is done?  Would a UK sub in the Atl or Pac be warranted?  Russian SS outside of the Baltic?  2 UK inf for Gibraltar?  A French Sub in the Atl convoy zone?  2 French inf for FIC?  Art/inf for China? Extra D in France?  2 more inf in the Phillipines? ANZAC transport?

What are variations you have used?

• a french sub would be awesome, less usefull turn1, but a nice canopener.

I could also imagine 2 inf for china would perhaps be good, 2 inf in calcutta, or 2 inf for philipines (sorta makes japan wanna do a J1 attack to nullify.

• TripleA

sometimes i drop 2 inf on london.

• '16 '15 '10

I like naval units in 110/111/106.  And Scotland fig.  Art (or mech or tank) to Sudan is also useful, since East Africa can be so dicey.

• I’ve been messing with a tank in Egypt combined with an infantry in Alexandria. If you Taranto, you still have plenty left to take Tobruk, too. And if you’re worried enough about Sealion that you don’t Taranto, you can consolidate back to Egypt and still hit Ethiopia - and then either pull back through the Suez or block and merge in z92 to get your fleet in a better position and allow your Med air to get home to prevent Sealion.

It doesn’t telegraph intent and leaves you able to respond to several scenarios while still maintaining initiative.

I love the z98 sub, as it basically cinches Taranto. But I feel like the tank gives you more options and its impact is longer lasting.

• '17 '16 '13 '12

If given the chance,  destroyer in 91. This improves the survivability of the British Navy to a significant degree (and decreases the survivability of the Uboats also).

• A second TT in the Med for the UK creates all sorts of problems for Italy.

4 units arriving in Greece is not a favorable situation for Italy.

Nor is the UK spending 6 or 7 IPC a round in S.Africa utilizing that TT plus the starting one to ferry units to Cairo.

• Customizer

I like the idea of 1 or 2 French infantry in FIC. I know historically there wasn’t a huge French presence there, I just always thought that territory shouldn’t be totally empty.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m