National Objectives, Collect Income and Politics

• Well met,

I’m very new to Axis&Allies G40 2nd Ed and on Sunday I will be running my first real game with four other friends.
    I’ve studied the rules, watched alot of vids on Youtube (thanks a bunch to The Cliffside Bunker and YGs fantastic work) but I still have some questions.

When you meet a National Objective you do collect them Every round of play right? Is this correct also for China and the Burma Road for 6 IPCs?

When does the US collect the extra 30 IPCs and do they collect them every round of play Including their National Objectives?

That is all for now, thank you very much!

• you collect national objectives every turn once theyre completed. most of them you have to be at war. usa gets to collect at the collect income phase of the 3rd round. ie. the end of the 3rd round.

and china collects every round that the burma road is open.

• @MagnuZealot:

When does the US collect the extra 30 IPCs and do they collect them every round of play Including their National Objectives?

The “extra 30 IPC rule” applies only to the Pacific theatre game:

@FAQ:

Page 9, The Political Situation, The United States: This paragraph should read “The United States
    begins the game neutral. It may not declare war on Japan unless Japan first declares war on it or makes
    an unprovoked declaration of war against the United Kingdom or ANZAC. Following any such unprovoked
    declaration of war by Japan, the United States will receive an immediate one-time bonus payment of 30
    IPCs, representing the total mobilization and transfer of military assets within the continental United
    States. However, if the United States is still not at war with Japan by the Collect Income phase of its third
    turn, it may declare war on Japan at the beginning of that phase. This is an exception to the rules for
    declaring war (see “Declaring War,” page 11), which may normally be done only at the beginning of the
    Combat Move phase.” (Note that this change applies only to the Pacific rules, and not to the Global
    rules.
    )

So the USA “only” get their bonus for their NOs (see Global Rules) during every Collect Income Phase when at war.

HTH :-)

• @P@nther:

@MagnuZealot:

The “extra 30 IPC rule” applies only for the Pacific theatre game:

@FAQ:

Page 9, The Political Situation, The United States: This paragraph should read “The United States
    begins the game neutral. It may not declare war on Japan unless Japan first declares war on it or makes
    an unprovoked declaration of war against the United Kingdom or ANZAC. Following any such unprovoked
    declaration of war by Japan, the United States will receive an immediate one-time bonus payment of 30
    IPCs, representing the total mobilization and transfer of military assets within the continental United
    States. However, if the United States is still not at war with Japan by the Collect Income phase of its third
    turn, it may declare war on Japan at the beginning of that phase. This is an exception to the rules for
    declaring war (see “Declaring War,” page 11), which may normally be done only at the beginning of the
    Combat Move phase.” (Note that this change applies only to the Pacific rules, and not to the Global
    rules.
    )

So the USA “only” get their bonus for their NOs (see Global Rules) during every Collect Income Phase.

HTH :-)

Panther thank you so much for that clarification!
    I thought it wierd that it did not say in the Global rules.
    Now my mind can rest easy.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m