• I’m returning to the forum on this question because the A&A help desk has given me a couple of different answers, depending on who I talk/email with and I’m frustrated.

The scenario is this:

It is the UK turn.  The UK has a battleship and a cruiser in SZ 112.  In SZ 112, there are also 3 US transports already there that are carrying 3 UK infantry and 3 UK artillery.

The UK player announces an amphibious assault on Denmark.  In response, the German player scrambles 3 fighters from W. Germany (there are also 4 German infantry in Denmark).

So, the questions are:

1. The German fighters obviously can hit the UK battleship and cruiser as part of sea combat.  If both ships are destroyed, are the US transports then also sunk and the UK units on board are lost?

2. Or, can the German fighters not hit the US transports because multi-national forces cannot attack together and consequently the US transports are technically not part of the attack?

3. And, if the German fighters can not hit the US transports after destroying the UK warships, can the UK units not disembark?

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@bjenglert77:

I’m returning to the forum on this question because the A&A help desk has given me a couple of different answers, depending on who I talk/email with and I’m frustrated.

The scenario is this:

It is the UK turn.  The UK has a battleship and a cruiser in SZ 112.  In SZ 112, there are also 3 US transports already there that are carrying 3 UK infantry and 3 UK artillery.

The UK player announces an amphibious assault on Denmark.  In response, the German player scrambles 3 fighters from W. Germany (there are also 4 German infantry in Denmark).

So, the questions are:

1. The German fighters obviously can hit the UK battleship and cruiser as part of sea combat.  If both ships are destroyed, are the US transports then also sunk and the UK units on board are lost?

No.  the American transports aren’t part of the sea battle.

1. Or, can the German fighters not hit the US transports because multi-national forces cannot attack together and consequently the US transports are technically not part of the attack?

Right.

1. And, if the German fighters can not hit the US transports after destroying the UK warships, can the UK units not disembark?

If there is at least 1 German plane in the sea zone after the sea battle, the sea zone is hostile and the UK ground units cannot disembark.  The German plane lands, the transports stay, with the troops on board.

• Customizer

Don’t worry though. Unless ANZAC or France happens to have some navy that can get there to protect those US transports, they will be sunk and all the UK units aboard lost on Germany’s next turn.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m