• Hi All,

After building a custom table for my global 40 setup I was looking for other maps to use on the table.

Surprisingly I found there aren’t really any available in this size so I decided to spend a bit of time creating them from some of the great resources available.

If your looking for a copy of AA50 that fits your game table, you are in luck sir!

Download it here:

http://boardgameconsole.com/AA50(Printable)32x70.pdf

I’m considering building Guadalcanal next… what do you all want?

Frank

• Nice but I have IL’s 50 map already.

• Hi frank,

Very nice job, if you’re making a quality map for Guadalcanal, I’be quite interested in the result.

btw for some versions there are already very nice digital maps available. be sure before you begin a project you have a good look around on the forum to see there is not already an alternative available.

That said, keep up the good work!

chrz

• I’ve noticed that there isn’t a large D-Day Map, I would be interested in having a larger map so my pieces aren’t sitting on top of each other. A 70x32 or larger would be a great, if anyone has a file they would be interested in sharing I’d be most grateful!

• Guadalcanal and D-Day would are on my list of big maps. I really like the extra room for the pieces. Please let me know if you do either of these two.

• '17 '16 '15

This map is amazing!  I took the file to my local print shop and had them print a copy off to use with my Anniversary game - I couldn’t be more happy with the results.

Thanks so much for sharing this file.  I’ll try to post a picture once my post count allows me to.

The game customizations/aids that people do on this site have added so much more to an already great game!

• '17 '16

@84tigers:

This map is amazing!  I took the file to my local print shop and had them print a copy off to use with my Anniversary game - I couldn’t be more happy with the results.

Thanks so much for sharing this file.  I’ll try to post a picture once my post count allows me to.

Spam 5 more posts… 10 is the magic number to link pics! lolz.

P.S.
    What materiel did you print the map on?

• '17 '16 '15

@Wolfshanze:

@84tigers:

This map is amazing!  I took the file to my local print shop and had them print a copy off to use with my Anniversary game - I couldn’t be more happy with the results.

Thanks so much for sharing this file.  I’ll try to post a picture once my post count allows me to.

Spam 5 more posts… 10 is the magic number to link pics! lolz.

P.S.
    What materiel did you print the map on?

He gave me the name of the material, but I forgot - should have written it down.  I’ll stop by and ask him again so I can share it here.

Hopefully I’ll get to the magic post count soon so I can post some pictures.

• '17 '16

@84tigers:

He gave me the name of the material, but I forgot - should have written it down.  I’ll stop by and ask him again so I can share it here.

Here, i’ll help cheese you out from 8 to 10 posts so you can link pics of your maps…

I don’t know all of the types of material people use to make maps, but I’ll list the two I know of… answer “yes”, “no” or “I don’t know” in separate posts as to whether or not your map is made from the following materiel and that will bring you to the 10 needed to post pics!

Question #1: Is your map made from Pyrene?

Question #2: Is your map made from Vinyl?

• '17 '16 '15

@Wolfshanze:

@84tigers:

He gave me the name of the material, but I forgot - should have written it down.�  I’ll stop by and ask him again so I can share it here.

Here, i’ll help cheese you out from 8 to 10 posts so you can link pics of your maps…

I don’t know all of the types of material people use to make maps, but I’ll list the two I know of… answer “yes”, “no” or “I don’t know” in separate posts as to whether or not your map is made from the following materiel and that will bring you to the 10 needed to post pics!

Question #1: Is your map made from Pyrene?

Question #2: Is your map made from Vinyl?

LOL, thanks :)

I know it wasn’t vinyl because I asked him specifically about that and he said that vinyl was more meant for applying to a hard surface.  I want to keep my poster rolled up in a container and only take it out for an occasional game.

Looks like I might be able to post pictures now  :-D; let’s see if this works:

20160502_195751b.jpg
    20160502_195814b.jpg

• '17 '16

@84tigers:

I know it wasn’t vinyl because I asked him specifically about that and he said that vinyl was more meant for applying to a hard surface.  I want to keep my poster rolled up in a container and only take it out for an occasional game.

Looks like I might be able to post pictures now  :-D; let’s see if this works:

Your maps look quite nice!

On the other hand… uh oh… one of us was lied to then… I have had all my maps done on Vinyl (outdoor banner vinyl to be specific), and I keep mine stored rolled-up (in map tubes).  Private Panic on this forum also keeps his vinyl maps rolled up as well.

Here’s my vinyl maps, after having been illegally unrolled (I’m doing it all wrong!).  :-D

my1942custommap1.jpg
    my1942custommap5.jpg

• '17 '16 '15

@Wolfshanze:

@84tigers:

I know it wasn’t vinyl because I asked him specifically about that and he said that vinyl was more meant for applying to a hard surface.�  I want to keep my poster rolled up in a container and only take it out for an occasional game.

Looks like I might be able to post pictures now�  :-D; let’s see if this works:

Your maps look quite nice!

On the other hand… uh oh… one of us was lied to then… I have had all my maps done on Vinyl (outdoor banner vinyl to be specific), and I keep mine stored rolled-up (in map tubes).  Private Panic on this forum also keeps his vinyl maps rolled up as well.

Here’s my vinyl maps, after having been illegally unrolled (I’m doing it all wrong!).  :-D

Yea, I was a bit worried when he said no to the vinyl as I’ve seen several posts on here specifically referencing vinyl as the best choice for printing.  But I am extremely happy with how the print turned out and the material seems very sturdy to stand the test of time.  He also said to feel free to stop in if I had any issues and that he stands behind his products.  I’ll see if I still feel the same after I’ve played a few games with it.

Your prints looks fantastic as well!

• '17 '16

Well I am curious to find out what materiel was used to make your map… I’m guessing pyrene? But I dunno.  Young Grasshopper used pyrene for his maps, and they are of course great.

The biggest factor about rolling up maps is how well it flattens out when unrolled… you can see in my picture above, I’m pretty happy with how flat it lays… the thing that most worried me about rolling up maps is the “curl” on the ends when in-play.

When you get a chance, let us know what materiel you used on your maps.

• '17 '16 '15

I didn’t realize that Imperious Leader had an OOB Anniversary Print :(.  I wish this map would have left his name on it for the art credit, I will just have to make sure that I verbally acknowledge that it is his art every time I use it.

Thanks for your great work Imperious; the map looks fantastic!

• yea no problem

• Sponsor

@Wolfshanze:

Well I am curious to find out what materiel was used to make your map… I’m guessing pyrene? But I dunno.  Young Grasshopper used pyrene for his maps, and they are of course great.

The biggest factor about rolling up maps is how well it flattens out when unrolled… you can see in my picture above, I’m pretty happy with how flat it lays… the thing that most worried me about rolling up maps is the “curl” on the ends when in-play.

When you get a chance, let us know what materiel you used on your maps.

The material I used to print on was called styrene just to be clear, it was recommended by the printer but it was expensive and easily replaceable by adhesive vinyl for all it does.

• Hey All!

Glad to hear you like the map! I just wanted to give a proper shout out to Imperious for the original. I did use the map and modified it a bit along with adding the side panels for rules and tech tracking.

I hope I didn’t offend anyone just thought this forum was a sharing space since essentially we all are using materials produced by Axis and Allies any way.

Please know that I would never try to sell the materials I produce and do not take full credit for this map.

I built a table that had a frame for my global map but wanted to be able to use it for other purposes. I’m working on a D-Day map now and will follow with version of Guadalcanal.

Hey Imperious Leader… want to partner up on these projects?

Have fun!

• '17 '16

@Young:

The material I used to print on was called styrene just to be clear, it was recommended by the printer but it was expensive and easily replaceable by adhesive vinyl for all it does.

Ya, my bad… Pyrene, Styrene… I’m dislexic or something.

• NEW MAP NOW AVAILABLE!!

Just finished a 70x32 version of D-Day. Download it here:

http://www.boardgameconsole.com/AADDAY(Printable)32x70.pdf

Enjoy!

• Christmas just came early….thank you Worldwide Army!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m