• What?

WE got mech infantry as an optional unit… dont we?

that was the first proposed idea for new units.

• apparently not

how does this one sound?

@Micoom:

Cost 4, Move 2, Attack 2, Defence 2
    May blitz with tank. do NOT receive a plus 1 from ART like regular INF

“may blitz with tank” is good
    that is, I want it to be able to blitz only when matched 1-to-1 with tanks

• yea add it.

• Hi!

Instead of introducing airborne and mechanized infantry as specific units in the game, I’m thinking of using a special rule.

-Every nation gets one opportunity each turn to either use a paratrooper unit, or a mechanized infantry unit. This works as follows:

Any infantry unit on the board can be used as paratroopers or as mechanized infantry, but only one unit per turn can be used for one of these purposes.

A Paratrooper unit can land anywhere within two spaces, provided that there is a bomber unit stationed in the same territory as the paratrooper. The effect of landing in a territory is the same as if the unit had moved there over land, i.e. if an enemy territory is empty, it is captured, but if there are enemy troops there the unit goes into combat. The paratrooper has an attack value of 2 when in combat. When and if the territory is captured, the paratrooper unit becomes a regular infantry unit again. The paratrooper can land as a combat move or as a noncombat move.

A Mechanized infantry unit is a regular infantry unit that can move two spaces (blitz), provided that there is a tank stationed in the same territory as the mech. inf. The mech. inf. unit moves together with the tank and also fights together with the tank, with an attack value of 2. When combat or movement is over the mech. inf. unit becomes a regular infantry unit again. The mech. inf. unit can attack during the combat move phase or move during the noncombat move phase.

Still with me?

Ok, I have also introduced a system of country specific units in the game. These units are regular AAr units painted light gray. The build costs are based on the assumption that the out of the box-rules costs are used.

US:
    B-29 Superfortress. Move 8 (not affected by long range aircraft tech), attack 5, defense 1, cost 18. (painted american bomber)

Germany:
    SS Panzer. Move 2, attack 4, defense 4, cost 8. (painted german tank)

UK:
    Cruiser. Move 2, attack 3, defense 3, cost 15. Can bombard like Battleship. (painted british destroyer)

Japan:
    Super Carrier. Move 2, attack 1, defense 3, cost 20. Can carry 3 fighter units. (painted japanese carrier)

Russia:
    Il-2 Shturmovik. Move 4, attack 4, defense 4, cost 14. (painted russian fighter)

So, any thoughts on this? Sorry if any of it is unclear, english is not my first language.

• I like the BOTB syle mech infantry with the truck peice. A Truck unit can be bought for 4IPC. It than can carry 2inf or 1inf and 1Art or just 1Art Like a “land” transport. It has know attack or defense value itself. We already have them for U.S. and Germany if you have BOTB. That only leaves USSR and U.K. and Japan. Just paint the U.S. truck U.K. and Russia colors because the U.S. provided many trucks to those countries anyway. Japan never really had much mech inf anyway but you could paint the German one Jap Orange or Jap Red whatever you prefer.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m