Working on a New Map 40/41: Seeking Suggestions

• @black_elk

You’re right about moving this New Map G40/41 topic to "Other Axis & Allies Variants" section, since there is nothing G40 left in it.

Your map is completely re-drawn - and in this case your new map is more detailed and has expanded in territories on a massive scale.

Maybe even think of a new name for this project instead of G40 to avoid confusion with the OOB G40 map.

Panther can move it for you.

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

Sounds good. The way I’ve been trying to work it up, the basic map material could be used to just play G40 if one wanted. Which is why I included that in the title. My goal is for this to be the standard Global map in tripleA and to be functional with that ruleset as well.

The enlarged and more subdivided map, is I guess for a scenario as yet to be determined really.

At tripleA there were requests for a new game map on the scale of the Domination game I made way back when, or which could also work with the HardAI, so I was that was sort of the aim there.

I guess it could probably just be called Pact of Steel 3 or Pact of Steel Global or whatever, for a tripleA game, perhaps with some map making type tutorials in the same way that Pact of Steel 2 taught how to create an xml and such lol.

Ideally the same world projection could service Classic or AA50 as well as Global, or any new riffs on those. Just with a different baseline for the borders. That’d be cool

Here was the thread at tripleA where people were kicking around their ideas for a digital version initially. I said I’d take it on, but only if I could do a G40 version too, just so we could revamp that stuff hehe.

I post there a bit more regularly and off the cuff.

https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/3315/proposed-map-domination-1941

This thread I guess has pretty much run it’s course in this section. We can move it with a subject change or something if that makes sense.

Thanks again!
    Best

Elk

• @black_elk said in Working on a New Map 40/41: Seeking Suggestions:

perhaps with some map making type tutorials in the same way that Pact of Steel 2 taught how to create an xml and such

:+1:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m