GW-1939, 7.2 Rules_____COMMUNIST CHINA questions

• Customizer

Question;

––In playing a game of Global Warfare-1939, 7.2 Rules

I am playing Japan. By the third turn Japan has completely killed EVERY Communist Chinese unit and conquered ALL of their territories.
    Does this mean that since the Communist Chinese have been COMPLETELY eliminated from the board that they are eliminated from any future play?,….or

Let’s say two turns later Nationalist China leaves one of their territories vacant (unmanned). Do Communist Chinese forces automatically (magically) reappear? If so, as Japan it wouldn’t benefit me to try and eliminate them (and their one Infantry per turn re-inforcement) from the game.

Tall Paul

• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

The only way I can see Communist China coming back is if the Soviet or, some other ally,  liberates their Capital (Pingliang) and only if it is not already under nationalist Chinese control.

If the Koumingtang walks out red Chinese territories they have captured, I do not see a provision the Communists reappearing.

As someone who plays as the Axis often, I find the Communist Chinese (and China in general) to be a real PITA. It is absolutely worth it to smash them to the point where they cannot “magically”, or otherwise, reappearing.

• Customizer

@koba:

––Koba, Thanks for your response…but I need a little further info concerning the last named situation below.

The only way I can see Communist China coming back is if the Soviet or, some other ally,  liberates their Capital (Pingliang) and only if it is not already under nationalist Chinese control.
    ––As the rules are written,…the above described “return” would be normal, as in all other Capitals being liberated.

----I guess what my main question was,…with the Capital of Communist China having being conquered and controlled by an enemy,….
    would a Nationalist Chinese territory when completely vacated by them automatically turn into a Communist Chinese territory EVEN IF THEY HAVE HAD THEIR CAPITAL CONQUERED and there being not a single Communist Chinese unit or territory on the map at the time?

Tall Paul

Nope. Don’t see that happening. If there are no Communist Chinese to walk in, they won’t just “spawn” in the empty “Nationalist” territories.

Even if said territories were owned by the communists.

I understand that the Communists are only permitted to place one infantry per turn, regardless of how many IPCs they hold. My interpretation is if they have no capital,  they have no income so they can not produce units anyway. In our games, when Japan takes the commie capital it takes the commie IPCs too. We treat them as we would an Axis Minor.

So, basically, no commie capital means no commies produced.

Hope this helps Tall Paul.

• I would think the the commies do not have a capital, just like nationalist.  They only way they can be liberated is if soviets take some chinese territories.

• Customizer

@ghr2:

I would think the the commies do not have a capital, just like nationalist.  They only way they can be liberated is if soviets take some chinese territories.
    ––But the COMMUNIST CHINESE do have a capital,….it is called Pingliang and it’s marked on the map as such.

Tall Paul

• How so?@Tall:

@ghr2:

I would think the the commies do not have a capital, just like nationalist.  They only way they can be liberated is if soviets take some chinese territories.
    ––But the COMMUNIST CHINESE do have a capital,….it is called Pingliang and it’s marked on the map as such.

Tall Paul

• Customizer

@ghr2:

How so?
    ––The Capital of each country is clearly visable,…whereas simple territories are dull colored and not as vibrant.

@Tall:

@ghr2:

I would think the the commies do not have a capital, just like nationalist.  They only way they can be liberated is if soviets take some chinese territories.

Tall Paul

• I agree with Tall Paul. Their’s been many discussions with this issue. Do they get the 3 icp’s a turn or place 1 infrantry in Pingliang every turn. I believe you have to put the 1 inf in Pingliang only do to it being a Capital not like Nat, China.

If Pingliang was able to collect 3 icp’s for control of there 2 territories and any empty Nat. China Territories then they would be able to buy artilliary. But I don’t know if they had any during the war.

CWO might know.

• Can we get an official ruling?

• If the Capital of Pingliang falls the only way to get Capital back is Russia retaking it. Then Comm China can build 1 inf per turn. The 1 inf per turn is the official rule.

• '14

Russia liberates Comm China. No other ally. If another ally, including Nat China, takes back a Comm Chinese zone it isn’t liberated it is taken.  hope this helps you guys out a little.

• Customizer

@Tigerman77:

Russia liberates Comm China. No other ally. If another ally, including Nat China, takes back a Comm Chinese zone it isn’t liberated it is taken.  hope this helps you guys out a little.
    ––I COMPLETELY understand the above.

––My ORIGINAL question was if after having had ALL of it’s units & territories killed or captured,…
    Do Communist Chinese forces “magically or otherwise” re-appear in a territory after it’s being abandoned by the Nationalist Chinese?
    –It doesn’t sound “logical” to me, but the rules as they are written are open to wide “interpretation” and I just wanted to nail down this answer.
    Tall Paul

• If they are totally destroyed, they can rebuild after Pingliang is Liberated.

Agreed and seconded.

I tend to look at '39 like this: if it doesn’t specifically say we can do something then we can’t, or we refer to the latest Axis and Allies Global rules to fill in the gaps.

EG a country cannot do something “special” like spawn infantry in territories without factories or without their capital unless explicitly outlined in the rules. Otherwise, they just get treated as any other country.

I don’t think in this case (or many others) we’ll get a rule RE print out on this issue as the focus seems to be on '36. I also vaguely recall tiger stating 7.2 is all she wrote.

These days, when tigerman makes a ruling I tend to scribble it in my rulebook.

• How will china work?

• It should be the same for Nat China. Szechwan falls, China can’t build no more whether they have 3 or more territories worth 3 icp’s or more.
    If it’s liberated then they will get 6 icp’s and any non captured territories and can start building again.

If they have some money left and Szechwan is captured, they should have to give money to attacker. I would like to try this in a game.

The rule is as long as they have territories worth total of 3 icp’s or more, they can build and place in those territories.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m