• @Jester09:

Hi all!  Just had this happen to me in Triple A and was wondering if its a bug or a rule that I missed somewhere.

UK Fighter takes off from United Kingdom and attacks an Italian unit in Southern France (that’s 3 moves so far).  I have purchased a carrier so I can place it in SZ 110 for the fighters to land on (from Sothern France, it would be two moves away so they should be able to land on it).  Ive done this before in other seazones and the software recognizes that I have purchased the carrier and allows me to do those attacks (which is pretty slick of the software).

In Triple A, it wont let me attack the unit in S. France.  Its weird, I can go to Western Germany which is also 3 moves away but not Southern France.  Is that a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks all!

Okay, I don’t have a board on me right now, but there might be one of two problems here:

1. If you just bought a carrier the turn you are attacking, the fighter can’t land on it. fighters land in the Noncombat phase, new units are placed in the mobilize new units phase, which is after the NC phase. TripleA may be allowing you to conduct the attack without a landing zone due to the “kamikaze” rule.

2. Maybe TripleA does allow you to land on newly purchased carriers, but you can’t place one in seazone 110 for some reason?

• Also, did you check out the list of TripleA G40 problems?
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cS3hFwoBP0rWr3208jw1LAtCvHYa9Ji9uU8PwbCMIwM/edit?pli=1

In particular:
    6) Fighters/tacs on carriers – Triple A does not properly track or enforce what fighters/tacs are on what carriers. (is in Triple A notes)

1. Fly overs –
      a) Triple A allows you to fly over unfriendly neutrals, which is illegal.
      b) Triple A does NOT allow Japan to fly over UK/French territories OR UK to fly over Japanese territories before UK/Japan are at war with one another, but there is no such rule restriction (Allies flying over China is all that should be restricted) (is in Triple A notes)

C) Triple A occasionally thinks a flight path is illegal when it is legal, sometimes even when carriers are not involved. (Need to send V an example)

• Thanks for the quick reply.  I know Triple A allows me to places existing fighters on new carreirs (Even gives me a warning saying that “you have x new carriers to be placed, do you want to end your move phase” when I try to end my NCM phase with fighters sitting in a sea zone without the carrier…yet).

Also, if I buy a carrier, it allows me to attack Western Germany and land on the newly placed carrier…just not S. France…its weird.  As a side note, I seem to recall a few games ago when I tried to move a UK tank from Normandy to Northern Italy thru S. France (S. France being held by Italy).  When I moved to S. Italy, I captured it but it wouldn’t let me move again (no units in S. Italy so the blitz move should have worked).  Is this may just an issues with S. France…it sucks up all other combat moves or something? :-D :-o :?

Anyone else see this or am I just going crazy?  :|

• Yeah, I looked at the Problem doc but none really addressed our issue.  Ive done this before with Germany.  I attacked Finland and then landed on a newly placed carrier…plus as I mention above, it lets me do this move if I attack Western Germany (but only if UK purchases a carrier since the only place a fighter attacking W. Germany could and would be the seazone 110…crazy, huh?).

Again, thanks for the responses and keep em coming  :-D

• '17 '16 '15

yea I’ve noticed the blitz problem before. Had to end up editing the guy at the end of the turn. Haven’t run into the carrier issue. I’ll give it a test here later. Maybe it’s those vichy in southern France screwing everything up. :)

• @barney:

Maybe it’s those vichy in southern France screwing everything up. :)

I knew it!!  :wink:

• @Jester09:

Thanks for the quick reply. � I know Triple A allows me to places existing fighters on new carreirs (Even gives me a warning saying that “you have x new carriers to be placed, do you want to end your move phase” when I try to end my NCM phase with fighters sitting in a sea zone without the carrier…yet).

Also, if I buy a carrier, it allows me to attack Western Germany and land on the newly placed carrier…just not S. France…its weird. � As a side note, I seem to recall a few games ago when I tried to move a UK tank from Normandy to Northern Italy thru S. France (S. France being held by Italy). � When I moved to S. Italy, I captured it but it wouldn’t let me move again (no units in S. Italy so the blitz move should have worked). � Is this may just an issues with S. France…it sucks up all other combat moves or something? :-D :-o :?

Anyone else see this or am I just going crazy? � :|

Okay, I looked at the map, and…

A fighter from UK can reach S. France in three moves only if it flies over Normandy (which therefore must be unoccupied).
    There also must be an operational airbase in UK for the fighter to make it back to sz 110.

Are both these conditions met? If Yes, then TripleA is just being stupid, apparently.

• '17 '16 '15

You can fly over normandy if you want to. Just made a bug report. Wouldn’t let me attack France either.

• @ amanntai: Yep, both conditions met…looks like its a bug.

@ Barney: Thanks!

Im not sure but maybe the universe was trying to make up for it since I just used a single bomber to attack (instead of the 2 additional fighters I wanted with them landing on the carrier) and it worked out really well.  :-D

• '17 '16 '15

occupation troops were probably unprepared since they new the fighters would bug out. :)

• Guys, the Blitzing move AAA has correct. You cannot Blitz through a territory with an IC, AB or NB (or any unit, including an AA). Southern France cannot be blitzed through on the way to Italy, as it has two of these units in it.

• Customizer

Please create a bug report, and include a savegame showing the error.
    https://sourceforge.net/p/triplea/_list/tickets

(also make sure your triplea and your map are both the most recent versions before you do this)

• '17 '16 '15

@wittmann:

Guys, the Blitzing move AAA has correct. You cannot Blitz through a territory with an IC, AB or NB (or any unit, including an AA). Southern France cannot be blitzed through on the way to Italy, as it has two of these units in it.

Thanks Wittman. I stand erected. :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m