• @Herr:

(…)
    I’m a bit puzzled about what the UK should do other than a defensive buy such as 6 inf 1 fighter. But I’d be interested to learn about alternatives.

Likewise, Herr KL!
    Maybe not as much an alternative as desired, but I like to build 2FTR + 2INF as an alternative. That buy does as good a job of ‘pyrrhic’ an eventual German victory in London, but it is 1 more unit that can go out and hunt Italians/defend Moscow once it becomes clear no SL wil be launched.

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

Seems solid, who could argue with artillery? Its still my favorite unit since revised  :-D

The carrier is fun though, if you want to force a naval arms race. I think it works in principle, but really only if you’re willing to outspend the Allies on the water early with the whole Axis side. If you can catch them off guard or throw them off their purchases for a round, its possible to maintain overall naval parity for good part of the game with the Axis side. Just having a decent Baltic fleet or ships in the med is always enjoyable. Everyone dreams of the dominant Kriegsmarine, breaking out and wrecking hehe. I give G40 credit for at least making the Graf Zeppelin workable in this game.

It has strong entertainment value, even if there are other plays that work too.

• Sponsor

@Herr:

I voted “no carrier”, which is the majority opinion, but that majority has been a very silent one so far.

Very nice blueprint, thanks for that.

• @Herr:

G1 place:
    1  sub SZ111, 6 art Germany

Assume you meant SZ112?

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

@IKE:

@Herr:

G1 place:
    1  sub SZ111, 6 art Germany

Assume you meant SZ112?

Definitely! Thanks, I changed it.

• I like this blueprint, but personally I prefer 2 bombers over the 6 art.  Opens the door for more options early.

• I like to buy 3 subs & 3 art.

• '22 '16

I voted no because I don’t think a carrier is a must buy.  All depends on how you like to play.  I prefer 2 bombers and a sub.  Sometimes I buy 1 AC 1 Bomber.  Having a carrier with the German navy keeps it alive longer and keeps UK always worrying about it.  Also depends on my UK opponent and how well I know their play style.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m