Recommendations for a new player on Triple A?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

I hope I am in the right thread for this. I’m fairly new player to axis and allies and don’t get to play hardly at all. I was thinking about joining this, to give me an opportunity to play some.

What do recommend me doing first?

Solo or with an opponent?

Any answers that can help me and would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John :-)

• Morning John Brown.
    I would not bother playing solo, unless it is to learn the mechanics. Playing the AI is frustrating, as it does silly things and does not punish your mistakes.
    There are always people wanting to play. Find opponents in the Boardgames thread is used by most players. Otherwise, you could always PM a friend you have made here and ask if he wants to play.
    Have fun.

@wittmann:

Morning John Brown.
    I would not bother playing solo, unless it is to learn the mechanics. Playing the AI is frustrating, as it does silly things and does not punish your mistakes.
    There are always people wanting to play. Find opponents in the Boardgames thread is used by most players. Otherwise, you could always PM a friend you have made here and ask if he wants to play.
    Have fun.

Thanks for the advice. I will have to try this some time. :-)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

eh, I actually recommend playing the AI a few times.  Just to learn how the pieces move etcetera, and the AI will help remind you to watch the hot spots on the game board.

Heck, I still play it, but now just to try really whacko ideas…(and because I can play a whole game in 60 minutes instead of 60 years, as it sometimes feels in pbf.)

@Cmdr:

eh, I actually recommend playing the AI a few times.  Just to learn how the pieces move etcetera, and the AI will help remind you to watch the hot spots on the game board.Â

Heck, I still play it, but now just to try really whacko ideas…(and because I can play a whole game in 60 minutes instead of 60 years, as it sometimes feels in pbf.)

Thanks for the info! I might try it solo a couple times. Thank you so much! :-)

• Ya I would also play 1942 second edition it’s not easy and not more complex like global or nwo a great starter game I think it’s ww2v5 on triple a

@General:

Ya I would also play 1942 second edition it’s not easy and not more complex like global or nwo a great starter game I think it’s ww2v5 on triple a

Thanks for the advice! :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m