• Customizer

Guys,

@CWO:

@toblerone77:

I’m going to need to get more boxes

The story of my life.   :-D

––When HBG started producing their Supplement, Expansion, and then Basic Sets for everything A&A I started a total re-organization of my A&A storage trays. Then HBG announced their Global Warfare 1939 Expansion Sets and WOW, I needed to make room for ALL of these units plus units painted in different paint schemes, too.
    ––After quite a lot of research I decided on using the Fishing Tackle boxes from Plano. They are very durable, visually pleasing, come in many sizes, and have Sets available that are designed to have
    5 or 6 large, wide trays put together for easy transport with a handle on top.
    ––I segregated each nation into groups as follows: Air Forces, Armored Forces, Naval Forces, and Land Forces. Since many of my units are already painted I wanted no more than TWO units in each
    ‘square’ and made room for all of the different units, unit types, and paint schemes. These trays accomodated everything with a little additional space left for ‘future’ units.
    ----Each of my trays will have a National Ensignia on top of the lid, and the underside of the lid will have a Unit Diagram showing the locations of each specific unit, like a box of chocolates. No need for any ‘Forrest Gumping’, haha.
    ––I’ll shoot some pics when I get everything done.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

@CWO:

@toblerone77:

Eventually I will teach him to play when he’s old enough.

That’s a sweet story.  Catching them young is a great way to promote the hobby.  If I’m not mistaken, Wittman’s daughter has gotten quite good at telling the difference between the various A&A sculpts!

Thanks, Marc. It’s a memory I’ll never forget.

• Customizer

@Tall:

Guys,

@CWO:

@toblerone77:

I’m going to need to get more boxes

The story of my life.   :-D

––When HBG started producing their Supplement, Expansion, and then Basic Sets for everything A&A I started a total re-organization of my A&A storage trays. Then HBG announced their Global Warfare 1939 Expansion Sets and WOW, I needed to make room for ALL of these units plus units painted in different paint schemes, too.
    ––After quite a lot of research I decided on using the Fishing Tackle boxes from Plano. They are very durable, visually pleasing, come in many sizes, and have Sets available that are designed to have
    5 or 6 large, wide trays put together for easy transport with a handle on top.
    ––I segregated each nation into groups as follows: Air Forces, Armored Forces, Naval Forces, and Land Forces. Since many of my units are already painted I wanted no more than TWO units in each
    ‘square’ and made room for all of the different units, unit types, and paint schemes. These trays accomodated everything with a little additional space left for ‘future’ units.
    ----Each of my trays will have a National Ensignia on top of the lid, and the underside of the lid will have a Unit Diagram showing the locations of each specific unit, like a box of chocolates. No need for any ‘Forrest Gumping’, haha.
    ––I’ll shoot some pics when I get everything done.

“Tall Paul”

Yes I may buy some of the Plano boxes at a later point. The boxes you see in the picture are high quality and VERY cheap.

• Customizer

This is why I like these boxes:

boxpic1.jpg
    boxpic2.jpg

• Customizer

Toblerone77 & others,

––IMHO there is no RIGHT or WRONG decisions as far as storage boxes go. Whatever meets any particular individuals needs and he likes, for whatever reasons, is the best for him! I do enjoy seeing everyone else’s ideas & methods. Lots of creative, knowledgable people on this site!  :-D

“Tall Paul”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m