• Hi!

Just bought the game and Love it!
    Some questions though…

1: gameorder: does sovjet buy units, then germany then uk etc or does Sovjet buy units, make cpmbat move, normal move, collect money and THEN it is is germanys turn?

2: can seaunits attack land and it’s units? (for ex 1 sub + battleship attack 2 infantry?)
    3: if an island has no troops (ex hawaii or philipn islands) and a enemy sea-unit enters the space - will that space be conquered and the sea-unit will take over the IPC value?
    4: can a transport ship enter a new coastal space and offload units in the same turn?
    5: victory condition: allies must for ex hold berlin/tokyo in the end of japans turn to win the game. when is this? when japan has finished collecting income or when usa has done that?
    6: a fighter/bomber must have enough movement points to land, can they land on a space they just defeated in battle? ex my bomber flies from norway to ukraine, fights and win the battle - can he then land in ukraine?

I think the game was quite easy to start playing, but the sea units and their movement/combat is a little bit tricky.

thanks in advance for helping me out, will probably play again tomorrow!

• @tsaa:

Just bought the game and Love it!
    Some questions though…

1: gameorder: does sovjet buy units, then germany then uk etc or does Sovjet buy units, make cpmbat move, normal move, collect money and THEN it is is germanys turn?

Each nation does it’s full purchase/combat move/combat/non combat move/placement/collect phases before the next nation continues.

@tsaa:

2: can seaunits attack land and it’s units? (for ex 1 sub + battleship attack 2 infantry?)

No.

@tsaa:

3: if an island has no troops (ex hawaii or philipn islands) and a enemy sea-unit enters the space - will that space be conquered and the sea-unit will take over the IPC value?

No, territories can only be conquered by land units. So you have to unload a transport during combat move phase.

@tsaa:

4: can a transport ship enter a new coastal space and offload units in the same turn?

Yes.

@tsaa:

5: victory condition: allies must for ex hold berlin/tokyo in the end of japans turn to win the game. when is this? when japan has finished collecting income or when usa has done that?

At the end of Japan’s turn (after Japan collects income).

@tsaa:

6: a fighter/bomber must have enough movement points to land, can they land on a space they just defeated in battle? ex my bomber flies from norway to ukraine, fights and win the battle - can he then land in ukraine?

The fighter can only land on territories that were friendly at the beginning of the turn. Also keep in mind that a territory can only be captured by land units.

HTH :-)

• @P@nther:

The fighter can only land on territories that were friendly at the beginning of the turn. Also keep in mind that a territory can only be captured by land units.

HTH :-)

thanks!

some questions came up:

1:can seaunits attack air units?
    2:if I attack with 2 tanks and 2 infantry and the defender has the exact same units:

both my tanks fire and miss, now the defenders tanks fire but misses, my infantry fires but misses, the defenders infantry rolls a “one” and makes a hit, can the defende choose to destroy one of my tanks even though he has already fighted his part of the battle? (Am I doing the combat wrong?)

• Yes, ships can attack fighters and bombers if the fighters and bombers are participating in the naval combat. except subs, subs can’t hit planes.

And yes you are doing it wrong as far as i can make out. How it will work is you will roll 2 dice for your inf to see if you can get 1’s. Then you will roll 2 dice for your tanks to see if you get any hits on 3 or below. If you get any hits, the defender will choose which units he wants to take as casualites, then roll his dice just like you, if he gets any hits you will choose what units you want as casualites. After the defender rolls all casualites are removed and the combat either continues or you can retreat.

• . . . some follow on questions.

Played the opening of a game last night. The UK and JPN fought over Australia, and JPN won and took it.  Japan later moved his ground forces out of Australia to continue a ground campaign elsewhere.  Does Australia revert back to the UK, or does it stay under JPN even though it’s not currently occupied.

Rephrasing: Do you have to occupy an enemy territory to actually ‘own’ it?

• You do not need to leave a garrison to hold territory, no.  Just leave a marker on the conquered territory and you are good to go.

• '14 '13

@tsaa:

The only time any sea unit would engage land units is if they’re involved in an amphibious assault. In that case, battleships would have their “bombardment” rolls before any actual combat began.

• Official Q&A

There is no battleship bombardment in this game, so sea units can never attack land units.

• '14 '13

@Krieghund:

There is no battleship bombardment in this game, so sea units can never attack land units.

Yeah, my mistake. I sometimes just jump in and start reading random forums. I forgot which one I was in.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m