HBG's Resources and Commodities markers

• I’ve been wondering how to work Historical Board Gaming’s new set of Resources and Commodities markers http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/Resources-Commodities_c_286.html into Axis and Allies games. I’ll post the full list below.

AGRICULTURE
    Barley
    Cocoa
    Coffee
    Corn
    Cotton
    Flour
    Fruit
    Fish
    Lumber
    Potatoes
    Rice
    Rubber
    Salt
    Sheep
    Soybeans
    Spices
    Sugar
    Tea
    Wheat
    Hogs

ENERGY
    Coal
    Electric Power
    Ethanol
    Fuel
    Hydro Power
    Natural Gas
    Natural Gas Refinery
    Nuclear Reactor
    Nuke Markers
    Oil
    Oil Refinery
    Refinery

METALS
    Aluminum
    Copper
    Gold
    Iron
    Palladium
    Platinum
    Silver
    Steel
    Tin
    Uranium

SUPPLIES
    Supplies
    Out of Supply (the rest appear in other categories)

TEXTILES
    Silk (the rest appear in other categories)

I was thinking that these could have effects similar to the special resources in Hearts of Iron 3 (posted below).

aluminum: air build speed -15%
    rubber: mobile movement speed +15%
    heavy water: nuke research +40%
    uranium: nuke research 40%
    tungsten: hard attack 15%
    fur: winter effects -33%
    black soil: global manpower modifier 10%
    cinchona: jungle effects -33%
    helium: rocket build speed -15%
    gold: global money 33%
    horses: supply throughput 10%
    antibiotics: casualty trickleback 5%
    ballbearings: unit repair 15%
    prefab ship facilities: naval base efficiency 33%
    dockyard facilities: naval build speed -15%
    oil refinery: fuel conversion 50%
    automotive industry: tank build speed -15%

My friend and I were brainstorming a few ideas (like making coal give a territory +1 ipc for the purposes of building factories- so the USSR, which had big coal mining operations in the Amur region, could build a minor industrial complex there- it should of been worth 2 ipcs anyway so we can build a Pacific fleet). Perhaps having more than one of a strategic resource could give +1 ipc at the end of a players turn. Does anyone have any ideas on how to utilizing some of these resources?

Daniel

• I have been considering for a while of designing a new economic structure for the game where units cost an amount of one of 3 currencies.
    Metal, Manpower, Oil

A battleship may cost 3 Manpower, 3 Oil and 4 Metal.
    A territory like Central US may produce 6 Manpower, 6 Metal, 8 oil.

• I could also imagine supply as a resource that would determine how many stacks of lets say… 10+ units a country can support. A bit like in the Game of Thrones boardgame.

• @oztea:

I have been considering for a while of designing a new economic structure for the game where units cost an amount of one of 3 currencies. Metal, Manpower, Oil. A battleship may cost 3 Manpower, 3 Oil and 4 Metal.

For warships (and tanks and planes), you might consider splitting these figures into one-time Metal and Manpower costs (representing parts and labour for construction) and ongoing Oil costs (not required when the units are built, but required regularly thereafter to represent fuel consumption).

• Im not sure if the game can handle ongoing costs……counting all your units at the end of each turn is going to get complicated.
    Also, technically only units that move during a turn are expending oil…so shit would get crazy.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m