Questions regarding IL's AA50HE house rules

• I have some questions regarding the rules & the map.

1.  The rules say that Russia loses its convoy box in SZ 4 if Russia loses control of Karellia.  On your map SZ 4 is not listed as a convoy box like the others.  The Soviet Lend Lease Convoy box is in SZ 3.  Is this correct or is the lend lease convoy box supposed to be in SZ 4?  Are the Soviet Lend Lease seazone & the Russian convoy zone the same?

2.  Mechanized Infantry Att 2, Def 2, MV 2, cost 4.  Can mech inf be supported by artillery?  Is attack at 2 or less to strong?  I can see attack at one since the extra cost is more for the extra movement.  I’m just wondering how it plays out for you.  It just seems that there is no incentive to buy artillery.

3.  I downloaded the token sheets & was surprised to see ‘subpen’ markers with the port markers.  Your rules (at least the rules I downloaded) don’t mention subpens.  How do they work in the game?

4.  I noticed ‘kamikaze zone’ markers on another sheet.  What are your kamikaze rules?

5.  I like your optional rules for China, but I am a little fuzzy on some things.  Do the CPC get one inf per territory they control or do they only get infantry in any of the original three territories the CPC starts with?  If the KMT moves out of a CPC territory to attack the Japanese, do the KMT get to place infantry in CPC territories?  I hope these Chinese questions make sense.  Basically, if you don’t mind, I’m asking you to dumb it down for me so I get it concerning the optional rules for the Chinese.

That’s all I got right now.  Thanks for your time and I enjoy reading your thoughts, opinions & input concerning A&A.  I especially enjoy your comments about WOTC  :-D

• Please note you dont have the updated file. I have made more changes from playtesting… I will post it next.

1.  The rules say that Russia loses its convoy box in SZ 4 if Russia loses control of Karellia.  On your map SZ 4 is not listed as a convoy box like the others.  The Soviet Lend Lease Convoy box is in SZ 3.  Is this correct or is the lend lease convoy box supposed to be in SZ 4?  Are the Soviet Lend Lease seazone & the Russian convoy zone the same?

The correct SZ is 3 in both cases. The lend lease box IS the Soviet Convoy box and is subject to greater damage up to the total Lend Lease payments being sent each turn to the Soviet. Ill correct the file

2.  Mechanized Infantry Att 2, Def 2, MV 2, cost 4.  Can mech inf be supported by artillery?  Is attack at 2 or less to strong?  I can see attack at one since the extra cost is more for the extra movement.  I’m just wondering how it plays out for you.  It just seems that there is no incentive to buy artillery.

Artillery boost Mech infantry to attack at 3… yes artillery are needed in this game!

3.  I downloaded the token sheets & was surprised to see ‘subpen’ markers with the port markers.  Your rules (at least the rules I downloaded) don’t mention subpens.  How do they work in the game?

I added in the mix lots of extra ideas that didn’t make the cut. My intention was to make centers to park subs so naval cant get at them and this idea was integrated ultimately into my port concept. I suppose you can add sub pens as a cheaper port for nations like Germany who dont want to invest IPC for a port but have lots of 5 IPC subs they want to protect from naval and air.

4.  I noticed ‘kamikaze zone’ markers on another sheet.  What are your kamikaze rules?

They are in the optional rules or they should be… ill take a look.

5.  I like your optional rules for China, but I am a little fuzzy on some things.  Do the CPC get one inf per territory they control or do they only get infantry in any of the original three territories the CPC starts with?  If the KMT moves out of a CPC territory to attack the Japanese, do the KMT get to place infantry in CPC territories?  I hope these Chinese questions make sense.  Basically, if you don’t mind, I’m asking you to dumb it down for me so I get it concerning the optional rules for the Chinese.

They get one infantry for each territory they control alone, not just the starting territories. The CPC grew with greater power as the war dragged on because they were supported by the people, while the KMT were the official antagonist against the japanese and faced the worse for it.  The CPC cant take any territory unless its from battle against japanese or the KMT. If the KMT move out to “give the territory over” to CPC this is not allowed to convert it to CPC.

That’s all I got right now.  Thanks for your time and I enjoy reading your thoughts, opinions & input concerning A&A.  I especially enjoy your comments about WOTC  grin

yea gotta love the chimps.

• http://www.mediafire.com/?bhkzwdyen4x

most recent file update…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m