• I hear ya, Cow, but how does this bonus help Russia?  Russia has to send units down to Africa to get it!  About the time they get there, Russia could be taken over and the money goes to Germany.  Italy is getting extra income and UK is not getting it, and is avoiding taking Italian territories?

Again, how does this bonus really even help Russia anyway?

This NO sucks, plain and simple.

• TripleA

It does not help russia when germany goes barb, it helps russia when germany goes sea lion. Since now Russia is tasked with providing men to hold up the middle east / africa.

A little bit of compensation for taking over a responsibility is nice.

If Russia was able to make other NO money, then maybe UK would not put itself at risk every other game, and instead make london an iron mountain.

There are two countries that can attack round 1 in a typical game, UK and China. The reason london got beefed up was because the allies were super boring round 1, full turtle, pretty lame, only country with attacks was china.

That was stupid. Oh wait I forgot UK could sink a transport. OOOOOOOO. SO AWESOME.

I like the bonus, makes the allies less screwed when london gets taken down. Playing the allies is boring enough as it is, maybe some players want to take a few risks to spice it up, which is what happens in most games.
    ~
    This poll has been done already, most players prefer playing the axis in global even in alpha 3.

So we should hit Russia, the most boring of the countries, with a nerfbat to a national objective. Freaking brilliant.
    HOW ABOUT THIS, RUSSIA HAD A BOMBER AT THE START OF WW2, WHERE IS RUSSIA’S BOMBER? OH THAT IS RIGHT THEY DON’T START WITH ONE, OH SHNAP WHERE IS THE BOMBER SON? WHAT GERMANY HAS 11 AIRCRAFT AND ITALY HAS 3. LOOOOOL. AND YOU WONDER WHY NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY RUSSIA?!?!? FREAKING ITALY GETS A BOMBER.

• @Cow:

It does not help russia when germany goes barb, it helps russia when germany goes sea lion. Since now Russia is tasked with providing men to hold up the middle east / africa.

Ahhh - didn’t think of that because I’ve been making Sealion a bad idea.  So UK needs to lay off Ethiopia on round 1?

Guess I’m in the minority - I would much rather play the Allies.  Only problem is people keep quitting at round 4 when all their fun is over and mine is just beginning…

• TripleA

global takes awhile, which is why you got to do your turns really fast. I only play on the triple a lobby or in tournaments… otherwise good luck.

• Takes our group 4-5 hours a week for 3-4 weeks to finish a game. One word…… Epic.

• TripleA

a month to do a game and you have to reserve a spot somewhere for the board to be untouched… or take note of everything…

Writting down everything is too much effort. Leaving it in a spot involves risk, because that is a whole week it has to go untouched and it is a pretty big board.

your group is strange in that it is comprised of beginners that actually dedicate effort to play a game.

• IF we get rid of the russian NO applying to africa, then i suggest a new one. How about +5 for allied control of NWP and CP.  Russia recieved alot for foreign aid from this area during the war, so it could be considered lend lease aswell.  “Persian Corridor”

• Think we should wait until someone spills the beans on if the Russian NO was revised in the 2nd edition before we look at making changes etc…. djensen will eventually go through, or post the NOs for us.

• I’m reviewing the 2nd edition rules that djensen sent to me so that he can post summaries of changes to the site.

Unfortunately the strange Russian NO remains totally unchanged.

• That’s a bummer

• TripleA

I still don’t know why people have a problem with it. It is historically accurate.

• Ironically, I agree with Cow on this one.  Russia could use a bomber.  This alone could balance the game.  Maybe a UK sub in the Med also.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m