Alpha 3 vs Alpha 2 Axis Bid Differential Poll

• @Cmdr:

Honestly, I still feel that A3 is more balanced than A2 with significant increases for the axis and only mild increases for the allies.

what is this I don’t even

• Poll isn’t closed. Bid is zero. Just play, for f’s sake. Try ten games with experienced, varied opponents, and base your ideas on fact, not your personal agenda.

I can tell that’s hard for certain people, but at some point in life, it’s nice to grow up and recognize there are other people in the world. It can be liberating to find, that sometimes they have valid opinions. Sometimes, they’re even right when you’re not… wow! Isn’t that amazing?

Personally, I recognize that I have no idea, and don’t have the answer. Isn’t that refreshing to hear?

• 2018 2017 '16 '11 Moderator

Dont NEED a submarine to balance it, but if people are going to bid ridiculously high for the Axis, it doesn’t hurt to take a submarine and make it a little easier to win, right Stalinski?

I’ve seen some really whacked out bids in the tournament so far.  Some are as high as 30 IPCs to take the axis.  Most are coming in at about 6-9 IPC for units in Tobruk or a bonus submarine.  I’d wager that a tourney using A3 rules would see that drop to 3-4 IPC for an additional unit in Tobruk ONLY.  Or even go negative removing some of the extra AA Guns to balance things out.

• Jennifer - I’d love to have an extra German Sub to start the game, yes - but I’m not sold that the Axis needs a bid, yet. Over time, playtesting will let us know.

It’s good to hear that 3-4 IPCs is where things are at right now. That feels like a pretty balanced game to me. The Axis are supposed to be swimming upstream, a little bit. The onus should always lie with the Axis to make or break an attempt at world domination. Myself, I like that challenge of knowing it’ll be hard, and maybe, just a little, the deck is stacked against you. Makes winning sweeter.

• 2018 2017 '16 '11 Moderator

An extra submarine, if my opponent is foolish enough to give it to me, is always welcome!

The tournament bids are averaging out to 6-9 IPCs for Alpha 2.  That’s relatively miniscule given the size and scope of the game.

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys

Users

Topics

1.3m