HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@CWO:

@John:

Do we have an HBG equivalent is probably how I should have asked the question?

I think that at the moment the answer is no, but the Amerika game is supposed to have a “Panther II” (whatever that is).

OK, thanks Marc! :-)

• Customizer

The Axis Minors 2 set is also going to have a Panther tank in it. HBG removed the Tiger since we already got it in the German Expansion set. The Tiger I still shows up in the photo gallery on the Axis Minors 2 page, but that is just because he hasn’t gotten around to updating it yet. Been too busy getting out the Japanese Expansion sets and trying to get Amerika finished.

@knp7765:

The Axis Minors 2 set is also going to have a Panther tank in it. HBG removed the Tiger since we already got it in the German Expansion set. The Tiger I still shows up in the photo gallery on the Axis Minors 2 page, but that is just because he hasn’t gotten around to updating it yet. Been too busy getting out the Japanese Expansion sets and trying to get Amerika finished.

Ok, cool, I was wondering about that. Thanks for the info! :-D

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@CWO:

@John:

I think that at the moment the answer is no, but the Amerika game is supposed to have a “Panther II” (whatever that is).

Panther II is the next generation, instead of the 75L70 gun , it was to mount the 88L71 (same gun as the Tiger II).

@coachofmany:

@CWO:

@John:

Panther II is the next generation, instead of the 75L70 gun , it was to mount the 88L71 (same gun as the Tiger II).

OK, I got you. Thanks for the info.

• About how long do you expect before the new Japanese pieces are available individually?

• I got my Japanese pieces in today. Everything looks awesome. Good Job guys.

@Yavid:

I got my Japanese pieces in today. Everything looks awesome. Good Job guys.

Congratulations! What color or colors did you get? :-D

• I just got OOB orange. and I did get a German coaster which made me laugh

@Yavid:

I just got OOB orange. and I did get a German coaster which made me laugh

Well, I’m glad you got them. :-D

@Yavid:

and I did get a German coaster which made me laugh

The Japanese coaster is by far the best. Red disk on one side, rising sun on the other; looks really cool. Sitting on my desk at work right now. I have a friend here who is into Japanese television, culture and cars and he was kinda jealous of it. I think I might order one for him next time I get some pieces.

@LHoffman:

@Yavid:

and I did get a German coaster which made me laugh

The Japanese coaster is by far the best. Red disk on one side, rising sun on the other; looks really cool. Sitting on my desk at work right now. I have a friend here who is into Japanese television, culture and cars and he was kinda jealous of it. I think I might order one for him next time I get some pieces.

Yes, I agree. It is my favorite as well. :-D

• HBG’s roundel coasters look so good that I’ve never put any drinking glasses on them, in order not to spoil them.  :-)  I currently have the US, USSR, Germany and Japan coasters, and I’ll add the UK and Italian ones the next time I order something.  I hope HBG will produce ANZAC, France and China ones too at some point, since it would be great to have a complete set for the Gloabl 1940 nations.

• They sound cool. Are they a freebie when you order a certain number of nation specific units or are they offered for sale?

@CWO:

HBG’s roundel coasters look so good that I’ve never put any drinking glasses on them, in order not to spoil them.  :-)  I currently have the US, USSR, Germany and Japan coasters, and I’ll add the UK and Italian ones the next time I order something.  I hope HBG will produce ANZAC, France and China ones too at some point, since it would be great to have a complete set for the Gloabl 1940 nations.

Yes, it would be cool to add the other nations. :-D

• @wittmann:

They sound cool. Are they a freebie when you order a certain number of nation specific units or are they offered for sale?

Both.  You can order them, but HBG often tosses a free one into the boxes of products that they ship to customers.  The ones I received with my early orders were square HBG logo coasters, but a while ago HBG switched to providing roundel coasters.  They’re essentially jumbo-sized territorial markers, and they could be used in all sorts of fun ways – for example as identification markers for sculpt boxes – so it would be neat for HBG to produce them for the remaining countries.

• I see. Thanks Marc.
    I am waiting on the UK set and bought the German one last year, but I do not feel the need(like you!) to get too many.
    Hope you have been well.

• In this thread…

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=33624.0

…John Brown mentioned that he was looking forward (as I am) to HBG’s forthcoming French WWII set, which is much needed because France’s only distinctive OOB sculpt is the infantry unit.  I was looking at HBG’s Design Stage page for the set, and I noticed that it includes every Global 1940 Second Edition unit type except the anti-aircraft artillery piece.  Would HBG consider including an AAA unit as part of the set to fill this gap?

I checked on the AAA weapons that France had in WWII (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_anti-aircraft_guns), and the options are fairly narrow.  The 25 mm Hotchkiss anti-aircraft gun (“Mitrailleuse de 25”) would be a good contender, since it’s a reasonably large weapon.  The Hotchkiss M1929 machine gun (“Mitrailleuse de 13.2”) was much lighter, being a 13.2 mm machine gun rather than a 25mm autocannon.  Both were produced by the same French company.  The Hispano-Suiza HS.404, produced by the French subsidiary of a Spanish firm, was a 20mm weapon, midway in caliber between the other two weapons.

Not to dampen anyone else’s excitement, but France is dead last on my list of anticipation, besides maybe China. Boring units with little to no war contribution and present for about 5 minutes of A&A gameplay. 99.85% of the pieces will never be used.

If France is ever in a position to actually buy anything, the German player should be quitting before it happens. No point in prolonging the inevitable.

I am rather interested in their ships though. That is one usable unit, which I would personally love to modify rules for… such as French naval units having the possibility of being taken over by Germany. Would make games a bit more interesting.

• @LHoffman:

Not to dampen anyone else’s excitement, but France is dead last on my list of anticipation, besides maybe China.

Fair enough, though my suggestion wasn’t about changing HBG’s production schedule or about adding a new set; it was a question about a possible one-unit tweak to a 20-unit-type set that HBG is already designing and planning to produce.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m