FMGC 2013 - Planning, Roster, Suggestions, Invites

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Sounds like FMGC is delayed until Summer.

FMG needs to confirm!

• Founder TripleA Admin

Yikes, my summer is packed. Hopefully there are no conflicts.

• Sponsor

Unfortunate, I’ve been waiting ever since last year’s convention ended.

• '10

@djensen:

Yikes, my summer is packed. Hopefully there are no conflicts.

I will post a proposed list of dates here.

Did you like the Sherman last year?  Trying to negotiate actual TANK RIDES this year…

• Customizer

Count me out on the tank rides. The wife won’t let me go again if I get my drunken ass crushed by a tank.

• Sponsor

@Most:

Count me out on the tank rides. The wife won’t let me go again if I get my drunken ass crushed by a tank.

All the more reason to ride ON the tank.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

can we shoot the gun?

• '12

Can we at least have the tank tow an old couch or something that we can ride on as well?  Riding on the actual tank is going to require a lottery system because it’s going to be one oversubscribed event!

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

Can we at least have the tank tow an old couch or something that we can ride on as well?  Riding on the actual tank is going to require a lottery system because it’s going to be one oversubscribed event!

That would be hilarious!  What I wouldnt give to see that.
    I’m going to imagine the tank rides (if possible) will be a paid thing as well.

@variance:

can we shoot the gun?

They tried to get the permits together to fire the gun at last years event but it was a no go (just imagine the red tape required to fire a round from the tank, even if it’s a blank, next to an Airport AND a residential neighbourhood.  Now multiply that red-tape by over 9000!).  It would be very cool though.

Maybe we can get a display of more than just the Sherman and a couple of trucks?  Then again, all of this also costs money which FMG put out last year.  I can’t remember the actual cost but it’s not cheap.

I remember it being muddy, and there being lots of grass/mud and open spaces…

Let me be the first to request,

TANK PULLED MUD SURFING!!!

lol…

Or…

THE FURNITURE CRUSHING SHOW!

I’ll pay for a 40 yard garbage bin!  Imagine if we get to mix in some Manicans! LOL…

Either way, tanks rides at the very least - so long as FMG is seeing some profit too!

@Rorschach:

They tried to get the permits together to fire the gun at last years event but it was a no go (just imagine the red tape required to fire a round from the tank, even if it’s a blank, next to an Airport AND a residential neighbourhood.  Now multiply that red-tape by over 9000!).  It would be very cool though.

In all seriousness I could “talk” to some friends who work in the ministry of “Public Safety” about this possibility?

I find that with these things, you often just need to speak the right language…

For example, Don’t say “Can we fire our guns at the tank show?”

Instead ask…

“Can we play our musical instruments? at such and such a public gathering, where we intend to celebrate the 200 or whatever year anniverasry of Napoleans defeat? with nothing less than a public playing of the 1812 overture?”  :)

It’s not a tank, it’s a moblie musical masterpiece… how can we deny children the right to hear music! Or Veterans from playing their boom pipes!

The municipal by-laws will only be in effect during evening hours, mid-day you can do whatever you like, and the province shouldn’t be much of a concern either.

• FIRE THE TANK….then run like hell back to the games and deny everything
    I wonder if they would pull us behind the tank on sleds, or wagons, build a jump and a puddle, and a flaming ring (to jump threw) day dreaming again

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

How about if we chip in and buy some fireworks and use the barrel of the tank gun as the launcher.  Call it a Canada Day thing or a July 4 thing for our American friends.  You know, make sure its all perfectly legal.  Then we get some Russian civilians and line them up against a wall and…… never mind.

• Sponsor

Let’s drive off with the tank and sell it on e-bay…. that should get FMG out of the red.

• Its closing in on the 1 yr date of last years game event in Oshawa… Does any one have a clue if its offical yet?  Where do I sign up
    I’m lookin forward to that vacation

• Sponsor

@suprise:

Its closing in on the 1 yr date of last years game event in Oshawa… Does any one have a clue if its offical yet?   Where do I sign up

The FMGC date has been pushed to the late summer 😞

Fatality!@Young:

@suprise:

Its closing in on the 1 yr date of last years game event in Oshawa… Does any one have a clue if its offical yet?  Where do I sign up

The FMGC date has been pushed to the late summer 😞

Fatality!

• Founder TripleA Admin

Here are the dates I cannot attend:

April 5-6 (Greg’s Spring Gathering XI)
    June 28-30 (Attending a wedding)
    July 3-5 (Short vacation)
    July 26-28 (Beer Bloggers Conference, Boston)
    August 15-18, 2013 (GenCon, Indianapolis)
    August 30 - October 6 (Attending a wedding some time during this time period, I’ll update to a single weekend when I have that info)
    October 10-12 (Great American Beer Festival, Denver)

If folks are willing to wait until late October, the largest cask beer festival in North American (maybe the world) occurs in Toronto. Personally, as a beer writer, I’d love to see overlap with that event.

Also, I would suggest not doing this during American and Canadian holidays. Travel by car or plane is generally more expensive or more troublesome during holidays and might affect attendance.

I’m definetly a fan of the Oct 12th to 15th (Sat to Mon) Range.

• Founder TripleA Admin

@Gargantua:

I’m definetly a fan of the Oct 12th to 15th (Sat to Mon) Range.

I would miss the first day :-(

But Denver -> Toronto would be easier than SF -> Toronto.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m