• Tankfest – Saturday 29th & Sunday 30th June 2013 - Update
    Join us at The Tank Museum, Bovington, Dorset, UK

Tankfest 2013 is fast approaching, with planning in full swing.

In our morning display we can confirm our World War one replicas – Mark IV and A7V will be in action together for the first time and we are in discussions to secure some impressive guests armour.

In our afternoon display the show will finish on the mock battle, what might have happened if the Cold War had turned hot. How would NATO react to a Warsaw Pact invasion of Germany? We are into the finer details and choreography of the battle, with a large chunk of our budget allocated to the pyrotechnics which are going to be a spectacle, along with the vehicles on display.

We have a good selection of living history booked, though we are still looking for WW2 Germans, so if you would like to join us for the weekend, please get in touch:

tankfest@tankmuseum.org or 01929 405096 ext 238

We look forward to hearing from you.

• '17 '16 '15

Right On!

If you"re gonna go big……Go Hard!

• '10

Very cool.  Wish I was in the UK to visit.

I have heard about your collection and your Museum.

• Thanks for reminding me Tankmuseum.
    I need to see your Tiger. Desperately.

FMG I would love to come your convention and meet the people on this forum. I cannot, so instead I will go represent us all at Bovington. Just remember I would have loved to come to Canada.

• I would love to visit this event!

• Hi Worsham. It clashes with Gettysburg and you know my wife thinks I should go join in the celebrations there, but I am not sure I can afford the expense and time.
    Alice thinks if I do not come over for the 150th anniversary I never will!

• '10

@wittmann:

Thanks for reminding me Tankmuseum.
    I need to see your Tiger. Desperately.

FMG I would love to come your convention and meet the people on this forum. I cannot, so instead I will go represent us all at Bovington. Just remember I would have loved to come to Canada.

Maybe you should start a game con and host at the UK Tank Museum :-)

Axis & Allies and TANKS go well together.

• Hi FMG. I am sure they have conference rooms and would allow that.
    Maybe if I had a regular job and regular hours, I would consider it.
    Mostly I just want to see those tanks again and especially the Tiger.
    We do not have many members on this site and hosting a handful at someone’s house would not be impossible.
    Thank you for bringing up the idea anyway.
    Best of luck with your business.

• Just booked my ticket for the 30th.

• Great day out Tankmuseum. Thank you.

I got to see and hear Tiger 131(abandoned in Tunisia) as it drove past me. I was 20 feet away and snapped a few pics on my phone, only to discover I was on video mode!
    Still a great experience.

The museum has also restored a PaK 43/41 and it was towed around the arena by a 12 ton 1944 SdKfz 7. It had taken 6 years to restore the PaK 43/41 and I had no idea how long and cumbersome the 88 looked.
    I was photographed in front of the museum’s beautiful King Tiger and thought the Firefly looked better than I remembered.
    The museum’s two Italian tanks made me laugh of course.
    One was a tiny flamethrower tank, never used, but the fuel ran the lenght of the tank before being shot out the barrel! The other was a monster M13/41.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m