• I am sure this has been asked before, but I can’t find it!
    Just a simple question; there are attacking/defending subs and they kill all enemy destroyers in a battle, are they allowed to submerge/strike? I had an argument about this when I was playing AA50 with some friends, as the rule book seems to be a bit vague.
    Also, what is a good bid for the allies in the 1941 setup? Although the axis made a ton of mistakes they have still steamrolled russia and have a massive italian/german navy, about the same size as the us navy on the pacific side, (upwards of 3 BBs 3 Cruisers and plenty of transports) although japan is contained somewhat. I feel the allies need some help in this setup!

• Welcome to the forum sjlr1.
    At the beginning of any round that a Sub is in a Sea Zone, without an enemy DD, it can choose to either submerge, so leaving that battle for good or stay and get a first strike.
    Is that  clear enough? Pleaee say, if not.
    Which game are you playing?

I would not play the Allies without at least a bid of 12. You might need 18, if the Axis player is more experienced and knows what to do to win.

• Thank you for the clarification  :-)
    I am playing Axis and Allies Anniversary Edition.
    Yes, the Allies are in a bad way… Italy is earning 39 IPCs plus NOs!

• Perhaps start another game. That sounds a bit too much to me.
    Anniversary is a great game . Always been my favourite, but then it was a wedding gift amd included my native Italy for  the first time.

• Wow. Quite a steamroll. I’ve only played 1942 so far, but I’m a bit nervous about playing 1941 because of stories like this.

• @wittmann:

Perhaps start another game. That sounds a bit too much to me.
    Anniversary is a great game . Always been my favourite, but then it was a wedding gift amd included my native Italy for  the first time.

Sorry, Italy is earning 39 ipcs including NOs, but is still a lot.

• I guessed it was with NOs. Still far too much. It ia shame that the US is always underpaid, income wise, in Larry’s games. Only in  the original Pacific (2000) did he get it right, I believe.

• It will come as no surprise that the axis won that game…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m