• So I had an issue that came up in my head but wasn’t really an issue in game because I allowed a situation which benefit Japan.

So one of the stipulations for US declaration before they can openly join the allies is that Japan doesn’t invade French Indo China.

So I had ANZAC infantry for Mayla and I took it and converted French Indo China into ANZAC territory. Now I can’t remember if ANZAC was at war with Japan at the time I did this. So because ANZAC is at a war with Germany and Italy, it can openly enter French territory. However because France was at peace with Japan, if ANZAC was neutral too. Can ANZAC convert French Indo China? This also lead to another situation where Japan invaded French Indo China right after I did this. Now the stipulations for US enter says that Japan doesn’t invade French Indo China, is it referring to the territory name or the ownership of land? Meaning is that Japan can never enter French Indo China regardless of who owns it or can it just not invade it if it is still controlled by France?

I allowed Japan to take ANZAC over and declared that it wasn’t a violation against US however I am not too sure now.

• ANZAC can’t take the French territory over if it’s not occupied by Japan first. I think Japan moving into FIC voids the national objective even of ANZAC moved it, even if ANZAC made an unprovoked declaration of war.

• '18 '17 '16

That is correct. Assuming France has fallen ANZAC can enter FIC any time it wants to, but unless Japan conquers FIC first it couldn’t possibly take control of it. If that does happen though, and then Paris was liberated, then FIC would go back under the control of France and the ANZAC roundel would be removed.

Japan would lose their National Objective (10 IPC) for being at peace with the US if they invaded FIC but it wouldn’t result in a state of war with the US.

• So to clarify I made the right call. ANZAC was legal to convert FIC and Japan conquering ANZAC controlled FIC was in no shape a declaration of war against US.

• Anzac can only convert control of fic if its axis held and paris is axis controlled. If france isnt axis controlled, fic is liberated. If fic isnt axis controlled, allies cant take control

• France was defeated on turn 1 as it has a 97% chances of German capture.

• '18 '17 '16

ANZAC can’t take control of FIC. Japan would have to conquer it first. Only after Japan has conquered FIC can ANZAC conquer FIC from Japan.

If ANZAC moved an infantry into FIC while under French control then it would remain under French control. If Japan attacked the infantry in FIC then it would be a DOW on ANZAC which would result in a state of war with ANZAC, the UK, and the US.

In other words no. There is no likely scenario in which you could conquer FIC under ANZAC control before being at war with the US.

• '19 '17 '16

@GeneralHandGrenade:

ANZAC can’t take control of FIC. Japan would have to conquer it first. Only after Japan has conquered FIC can ANZAC conquer FIC from Japan.

If ANZAC moved an infantry into FIC while under French control then it would remain under French control. If Japan attacked the infantry in FIC then it would be a DOW on ANZAC which would result in a state of war with ANZAC, the UK, and the US.

In other words no. There is no likely scenario in which you could conquer FIC under ANZAC control before being at war with the US.

This is correct. ANZAC can’t “Convert” FIC.

• @GeneralHandGrenade:

I do follow the reason in all of this, except the above mentioned……why will this be a DOW on ANZAC since they have not captured the territory. I imagine this could only be a DOW on France since the French are still in command of FIC?

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Another reminder is that USA cannot declare a protectorate over java, Sumatra, Celebes (or Dutch Guinea in Samerica).  They can liberate it, but only from the Axis, not declare it from the Dutch.

• Bjn, it would be a DOW on anzac because japan would be attacking the anzac infantry stationed in FIC.

• And how about France…. a DOW on France as well, as this is still considered French territory?

• @Bjn:

And how about France…. a DOW on France as well, as this is still considered French territory?

It would be a DOW against both. Ownership of land and the units on top.

• By the way, with ANZAC in this case unable to convert FIC until Japan takes it; is that a specific rule for FIC. My understanding is that your allies can convert any territory if your capital is occupied.

• All nations must combat move all enemy nations in order to take control.
    You cannot take control of fellow alliance unless liberating the territory and their capitol is enemy held.
    Only exception is Uk/ anzac can only take control of dutch controlled in noncom. ( and friendly neutrals).

• Yeah so I can’t see why any allied nation can take over FIC.

• First, an axis player would have to capture FIC. Then an allied player would have to capture it back. If paris is in enemy hands, you would take control until paris is freed of axis domination. If paris is already french owned, france would have control of the newly liberated FIC

• Again, none of you seem to not be pay attention at all. Unless there is some kind of rule that forbids any allies from taking FIC over until it is Axis controlled. I cannot see why ANZAC in the set up in which I presented cannot taking over FIC.

• Well there is a rule, previous posters have been pretty clear on that matter. FIC is treated as any other French territory. The USA does not take control of Morocco if Italy/Germany hadn’t taken it beforehand if it lands there now does it

• No one posted any rule that specifically forbid FIC being take control by its allies. As far as I know, it still treated under capital under occupation rule.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m