• i was reading the newspaper, en then i get an idea: a continental war. Every continent (Europe, Asia,Africa etc.) gets their own army and fight each other

• Isn’t that kind of how Risk works?

• Not really, because in RISK you get armies and random territorries and you have to take complete continents to win the game

• @Warplayer12:

i was reading the newspaper, en then i get an idea: a continental war. Every continent (Europe, Asia,Africa etc.) gets their own army and fight each other

That’s fairly alarming. What paper were you reading?  :-D

• It was the dutch general newspaper (i am a dutchie) and the article about the franco-german plans for the revive of the euro.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

The key to winning is Australia. Asia is too hard to defend.  :mrgreen:

• Customizer

I agree with you on Asia, too hard to get then too hard to defend.  Australia is a good continent to have with only 1 area to defend, but you only get 2 extra armies per turn.  The best continent is North America if you can get it.  True, you have 3 areas to defend but if you can do it, you get an extra 5 armies per turn.  Then you can quickly build enough to also take South America, giving you another 2 armies per turn.

Europe and Africa are kind of good but too many attack points, unless you can get them together along with the Middle East territory in Asia.  Then I think you only have 2 territories to defend them with – Ukraine and Middle East.

• Totally Australia. You only have to invest half your starting armies to take control of it. That means half your starting units are spread out all over the world holding your stakes. You then slowly move into Asia, making sure to hang on to your African, European, and American territories. Before anyone knows it, you have 15 territories (+5 armies) and Australia (+2).

• @Warplayer12:

i was reading the newspaper, en then i get an idea: a continental war. Every continent (Europe, Asia,Africa etc.) gets their own army and fight each other

You could get the Attack and Attack Expansion game from Eagle Games and use that for your map and forces.  You have infantry, tanks, artillery, aircraft, battleships, aircraft carriers, destroyers, and submarines.  The combat system works considerably differently from A&A, and depending on whether you use the basic games rules or the Deluxe Expansion rules, production points work differently too, along with tech development.  I prefer the original Attack Expansion, and I am running a game using a mixture of the basic game, original Expansion, and the Deluxe expansion.  Works pretty well.

And Australia in not one territory but 5.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m