• maybe use trucks from Battle of bulge game, and maybe paint uk and us burgandy for Russia? if its enough trucks for now?

• '10

@SS:

maybe use trucks from Battle of bulge game, and maybe paint uk and us burgandy for Russia? if its enough trucks for now?

Thats exactly what I did to get by until FMG units are delivered. Except I just let Russia use the green trucks. Thats where a good portion of their trucks came from historicaly. (lend lease)

• see the map is 50 by 40 inches , is the 50 inches measure left to right for the long way?

• OK, we did another test game today. First, we found out that the Russian turn 7 (tankograd) can be a game breaker if the Russian player saves some IPCs each of the first six turns and then spends all his accumalated income on tanks for turn 7. Also the Russian player did not place any of his starting oil tokens in the front lines thereby using a delaying strategy with no attacking. So the Germans had little chance to capture oil. On the first round with the Russian units defending at -1 the Germans still lost a number of their setup units. So here is what I recommend and we will test these ideas in several weeks to see if they are feesable. First of all we setup a system where we used trucks to move all oil tokens and infantry after the first round. Next we should tweak tankograd by giving the Russians one free tank for every four purchased. Next the starting oil tokens should be part of the required setup like the eight tokens for the Russians should be placed in the four victory cities. Two in each. Next because it takes the Germans so long to bring new units to the front lines they should be able to place new units in captured factories and in captured territories with the red circle. This could represent the use of railroads to bing in units. Next all Russian units should defend at 1 on the first round.  And finally the Germans should be able to add to their income with the value of the captured red circles.This will give them a little extra income through the first six rounds. The downside to the truck idea is it requires a plastic sculpt to represent them which not very many will have until the FMG units come out.

Ok try that. You might make the cost of oil tokens for Soviet attacks to go up until dec 41, since they were unprepared for the onslaught.

• '10

@SS:

see the map is 50 by 40 inches , is the 50 inches measure left to right for the long way?

The map is 4ft.x5ft. But it can be changed to different sizes before printing.

• @Imperious-Leader

do you have an updated set of rules…

The 6 page rule book left me with lots of questions.

attacks/rounds allowed in a turn…

Love the map, wish rules were more extensive.

How many oil tokens does USSR and Germany start with…
    Cost to buy additional token.
    Oil token each turn or each attack during turn…?

After CA mission can fighters attack or just fly back during non-combat…

• @BrentStoudtKY

Russian defend 1st Turn at 1 for all units during all attack rounds
    or just first round.
    Defend @ 1 for just (-1) and no terrain modifiers…

Germans get double turn.
    (-1) for both turns in double turn???

• Russia defend at 1 for first round only

On German second impulse its normal combat

• @BrentStoudtKY said in Setup on ILs eastern front map:

Love the map, wish rules were more extensive.
    How many oil tokens does USSR and Germany start with…
    Cost to buy additional token.
    Oil token each turn or each attack during turn…?
    After CA mission can fighters attack or just fly back during non-combat…

This is a really old game. I don’t remember the oil rules. Do you have a link on where you got the rules? HBG?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m