1939 Map - Jeremy's Variant with Set-up Charts

• Where’s the rules for this d6 game?

• Is it under Tigerman’s 1939?

• '10

@SS:

Where’s the rules for this d6 game?

Please see and read the FIRST PAGE of this thread for download links.

• so i use the 1940 global +2 alpha rules then.

• _Unit placement is for Balance, sometimes Historical accuracy has to be a passenger because this is a game.

Ah OK, you want to scrap the German player chance to invade UK. :-o_

• '10

@SS:

so i use the 1940 global +2 alpha rules then.

That is correct.  Any special rules for each Nation are printed on the Cards.  Neutrals can be attacked!

• '10

@crusaderiv:

_Unit placement is for Balance, sometimes Historical accuracy has to be a passenger because this is a game.

Ah OK, you want to scrap the German player chance to invade UK. :-o

What are you talking about?  UK starts with only 4 INF spread out over three territories!?  There is ample opportunity for a Sea Lion if planned and aimed for.  The three territories make it an even bigger danger for the English as it is more difficult to defend.

There is also still the possibility that the UK will send it’s army to France to delay the invasion etc…_

• What are you talking about?  UK starts with only 4 INF spread out over three territories!?  There is ample opportunity for a Sea Lion if planned and aimed for.  The three territories make it an even bigger danger for the English as it is more difficult to defend.

Well why wrote ‘‘Unit placement is for Balance, sometimes Historical accuracy has to be a passenger because this is a game’’.

• Sponsor

@crusaderiv:

What are you talking about?  UK starts with only 4 INF spread out over three territories!?  There is ample opportunity for a Sea Lion if planned and aimed for.  The three territories make it an even bigger danger for the English as it is more difficult to defend.

Well why wrote ‘‘Unit placement is for Balance, sometimes Historical accuracy has to be a passenger because this is a game’’.

Historical accuracy and game play should always be ballanced. However, in the event of a tie, game play should always win. Any chance of this map becoming more colourfull in the future, although this 1939 map has amazing spaces and more territories, WOTC 1940 maps are prettier when it come to colour. Also, if I present this map to my groups, what should I say when asked to explain the reasons for switching?

• @Young:

Also, if I present this map to my groups, what should I say when asked to explain the reasons for switching?

It’s EPIC.  Reason enough ;)

We played this variation at the FMG Convention this past spring.  It took us the entire weekend, starting on the Friday night and ending (by mutual agreement) mid Sunday.  If you’re looking for a game you can play in a day, don’t try this one.

• Sponsor

@Rorschach:

@Young:

Also, if I present this map to my groups, what should I say when asked to explain the reasons for switching?

It’s EPIC.  Reason enough ;)

We played this variation at the FMG Convention this past spring.  It took us the entire weekend, starting on the Friday night and ending (by mutual agreement) mid Sunday.  If you’re looking for a game you can play in a day, don’t try this one.

That won’t help win them over. I was unable to attend the first FMG convention, but I look forward to seeing the 1939 map in action next year.

• @Young:

@Rorschach:

@Young:

It’s EPIC.  Reason enough ;)

We played this variation at the FMG Convention this past spring.  It took us the entire weekend, starting on the Friday night and ending (by mutual agreement) mid Sunday.  If you’re looking for a game you can play in a day, don’t try this one.

That won’t help win them over. I was unable to attend the first FMG convention, but I look forward to seeing the 1939 map in action next year.

I don’t think anything will win them over by simply talking about it.  You have to play it to even appreciate it.  It’s more complex, it’s more “global” feeling, it’s a much longer game with more and more territories.  Just looking at the sheer size of Russia alone is enough to make the Axis want to give up!

• yes but the more the merrier

• Sponsor

We feel that Moscow is one territory to far on the Global map, to us a larger Russia doesn’t help that. However, it’s definitely not my intention to judge a game board I haven’t even played yet. My curiosity asks, how different is game play, is it full of someone’s house rules, are there confusing new political situations and new units. How different is it from global. I think that’s what my group will want to know. How is it an improvement other than the map, because the map is very cool. Is it just for people who want a long and obese game or is it the only way to play?

• @Young:

We feel that Moscow is one territory to far on the Global map, to us a larger Russia doesn’t help that. However, it’s definitely not my intention to judge a game board I haven’t even played yet. My curiosity asks, how different is game play, is it full of someone’s house rules, are there confusing new political situations and new units. How different is it from global. I think that’s what my group will want to know. How is it an improvement other than the map, because the map is very cool. Is it just for people who want a long and obese game or is it the only way to play?

The map is, obviously, much larger.
    The units are the same (new unit called a “Fortification”.)
    The rules are mostly the same as Global with some variations such as (going off memory as I’ve only played this variant once);

ANZAC and CANADA are separate economies but act like the UK-proper/UK-India concept.  They also share a turn with the UK so they all move at the same time (combat and non-combat movements, purchase and placement of units, etc).

Communist China : At war with China, moves on the Russian turn

Economics : The Allies have a “ramp-up” period where there economies are low to start, then get higher.

Free French rules

• Sponsor

@Rorschach:

@Young:

The rules are mostly the same as Global with some variations such as (going off memory as I’ve only played this variant once);

ANZAC and CANADA are separate economies but act like the UK-proper/UK-India concept.  They also share a turn with the UK so they all move at the same time (combat and non-combat movements, purchase and placement of units, etc).

Economics : The Allies have a “ramp-up” period where there economies are low to start, then get higher.

Free French rules

Well those don’t seem like a lot of changes, but an already confusing economic separation for the same power just got more complicated with ANZAC and Canada. is there a link that will give me the entire rules for this variant?

• @Young:

@Rorschach:

@Young:

Free French rules

Well those don’t seem like a lot of changes, but an already confusing economic separation for the same power just got more complicated with ANZAC and Canada. is there a link that will give me the entire rules for this variant?

All of the specifics are on the setup charts that you can download from the link in the original post.  I’m Fairly positive (but not 100% sure) everything needed is there.

• Some questions

Can UK place units in commonwealth and far east command factories?

What countries are at war and with what is it just historical wars or is there something different?

How many A4 i will need to print this in a good size and how can i print it in many pieces ?

Are there some special rules like Molotow ribbenrobt pact or something?

are the rules in thread about 1939 map used in this game?

(cant post links it is sticky thread named 1939 map )

• '10

Bump as requested by new member

Our site has changed so the rules download link is not working.  I will fix tonight.

• jeremy, where can i find a link to DL your rules?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m