• So I don’t know if you guys care but I just wanted to let ya know…

For my Majors I dont use the little square things, instead I use the Hotel pieces from Lord of tthe Rings monopoly. The are giant fortresses and look quite epic and dominating on the board. ther are really wite so I painted them grey to match the IC from spring 1942, which I use for my minors. So if you have that game then check it out!

• Sponsor

I have lots of plastic IC pieces from previous A&A games so I painted half of them black for majors and my grays are minors. I also use my many plastic AA Guns, therefore our group only uses the naval and airbase card board tokens.

• I agree with you Gamerman, another option is to turn them over, they pick up much easier then….if only A&A had experimented a bit, they might have found that if they print the image on the other side people can pick up the counters!

I actually went and sold my old IC’s and AA guns from my many out of print and no longer played A&A games.  Kept enough for my purposes and sold the rest on EBAY!

• Sponsor

Anyone know if WOTC would exchange my major / minor ICs and AAC gun markers for more Naval and Airbase markers?

• I know it doesn’t help now but I think FMG is going to do IC’s ,naval bases, air bases and AA guns probably within the next year. His piece project seems to be picking up. Hopefully he will get to them soon. I use my white IC’s from original for majors and grey ones for minors.

• Sponsor

Must be nice to have that variation between your ICs. I sold my classic at a yard sale because I had no one to play with, I am kicking myself for that one. I have alot of distorted pieces from my global games like bending fighter tails and artillery legs, I have an Italian battleship with a bent nose too. Just wondering if WOTC replaces this stuff for it’s customers. Anyone have any experiences exchanging pieces with wizards?

• Sponsor

I have spent a lot of money on A&A games over the past two years, and if I spent $500 on yet another A&A game. my wife would literally kill me. Thanks anyway.

• @Trisdin:

Must be nice to have that variation between your ICs. I sold my classic at a yard sale because I had no one to play with

Start going to other people’s yard sales. You might get lucky :)

• @Trisdin:

I have spent a lot of money on A&A games over the past two years, and if I spent $500 on yet another A&A game. my wife would literally kill me. Thanks anyway.

Well, everyone has to die sooner or later.  Why not die happy at least? :wink:

• @gsh34:

Well, everyone has to die sooner or later.  Why not die happy at least? :wink:

Wives have ways of making your life miserable. Being killed by yours is usually not a pleasant experience.  :-)

• Sponsor

It can be slow and painfully.

• Sponsor

A womans wrath is like raiding with five bombers and watching the dice from the AA guns slowly tumble into five ones. (true story from an old game of classic). I screamed “ARE YOU F*****G KIDDING ME”

• @Trisdin:

A womans wrath is like raiding with five bombers and watching the dice from the AA guns slowly tumble into five ones.

My record is four.  (And 5 of 6 when you consider a concurrent SBR attack) Four is like 1 in 1300.

Five would be about 1 in 7800.  What did you do to anger the dice gods?

• Sponsor

I always tell everyone how much I hate yattzee. I think that keeps me in the dice dog house.

• I once tried sealion on G2 after the rookie british player bought 3 tanks, 1 destroyer and an inf. on UK1. He then placed the tanks on south africa. I used 7 planes: 3 tacs, 3 fighters and my bomber and 2 transports with a tank and inf. His AA rolled 5 ones. My battleship and cruiser bombardment failed, my remaining planes hit 1, my tanks hit 1 my inf failed. He had 2 fighters, 4 inf, 1 tank and hit 4. I retreated and I felt like the rookie.

• Sponsor

I’m going to start a topic about hard luck stories.

• @gamerman01:

@Trisdin:

A womans wrath is like raiding with five bombers and watching the dice from the AA guns slowly tumble into five ones.

My record is four.  (And 5 of 6 when you consider a concurrent SBR attack) Four is like 1 in 1300.

Five would be about 1 in 7800.  What did you do to anger the dice gods?

Virgin sacrifices at the volcano usually appeases them.

• Sponsor

I’m still a newbe at navigating and links, could you do it for me gamerman

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m