IC Question and Help on Allies T2 moves

• '12

@BJCard:

Fair enough.  I used to think that way, but then I find that I roll terribly with a single Russian Infantry- usually I don’t get any hits with the three.

Well unless you choose to block with a Tank or a Fighter, the odds favor having the lone defenders simply dying with no hits in return.  Mentally we always assume they should take more enemies out than they do, but probability says otherwise.

• @Eggman:

@BJCard:

Fair enough.  I used to think that way, but then I find that I roll terribly with a single Russian Infantry- usually I don’t get any hits with the three.

Well unless you choose to block with a Tank or a Fighter, the odds favor having the lone defenders simply dying with no hits in return.  Mentally we always assume they should take more enemies out than they do, but probability says otherwise.

Well, then its not a block if they just die.  Ok, I guess its only a block a block if a blitz would exploit something vulnerable.

• against a ge/it combo, it is usually not even a block against blitz

• 1 loaded US Transport sits at Iceland

This transport cannot go here until the US is at war.

Page 37 1940 Europe Rulebook

“While not at war with Germany or Italy, the United States may end the movement of its sea units on the
    Europe map only in sea zones that are adjacent to U.S. territories, with one exception: U.S. warships (not transports)
    may also conduct long-range patrols into sea zone 102.”

• Air can go to Greenland… not sure why you would, but you can.

• Concerning 1 inf in bordering territories.

We have some atrocious dice rolls.  I’ve seen 1 RUS inf deny enough GER territory grabs to warrant it.

Air can go to Greenland… not sure why you would, but you can.

Isn’t that close enough to bomb UK if GER takes it?  I guess not, your only landing is Eire or the Europe coast (incl Norway if Ally own).  It is close enough to take out a fleet sitting in 110.

• In theory you could build an airbase and/or navalbase in greenland as well, but I’ve never seen this done, only talked about on the forums.

• '12

@BJCard:

In theory you could build an airbase and/or navalbase in greenland as well, but I’ve never seen this done, only talked about on the forums.

Basically you would do it since you can then get to Scotland in one move, but if Sea Lion doesn’t happen, it was a waste.

• @BJCard:

@Eggman:

@BJCard:

Well, then its not a block if they just die.  Ok, I guess its only a block a block if a blitz would exploit something vulnerable.

I was never a fan of throwing away infantry for no gain.  The only time I block with russia, is to prevent germany from getting NO’s.

• I’m with ghr.  The strength of Russian infantry is in their mass, not left to die in a 33% that they take out an Axis Infantry with them.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m